I'm so chuffed!!

Eldest son graduated from senior college this year.

And got a good enough mark to get into university (NOT a given!)

AND got a cadetship from the ATO, who'll pay his HECS to do a commerce degree and employ him part time as well.

He's over the moon, and I'm in orbit too!

Boy, will he learn about working! :D :D :D

Grandson and Scotland

Magic!

Will be great to have a forum conduit to the ATO! My first job was getting dressed up as Caramelo Koala at a servo, so I think "eldest grandson" has done magnificently.

What’s the scoop on Scotland? Better than Buffalo?

Regards

Jeff

jjnshell said:
Magic!

Will be great to have a forum conduit to the ATO! My first job was getting dressed up as Caramelo Koala at a servo, so I think "eldest grandson" has done magnificently.

Whoah! No grandson's here!! Just sons, which is quite enough, thanks.

What’s the scoop on Scotland? Better than Buffalo?

This deal is open to everyone for the price of a bottle of whisky. Go here for more details

If it's not breaching forum rules, I can recommend the scotch in a major way.

Good one Quiggles.....I can relate to the feeling with my son.

Perhaps in the ATO, he can work in the Superannutaion Surcharge Tax Section. Yesterday a client's super fund received a SS Tax bill for financial year 2000. I think they could do with some extra workers to catch up.

Re the whisky...."Liquid Smoke, The Peat Reek, Seaweed and Iodine. These are just a few of the phrases generations of experts have used to try and describe Laphroaig."

After reading this I was sure whether it was for drinking, or rubbing on my sore knee? :p

Seriously though, is this good stuff, and can it be bought in aus?

GarryK

I think the lad wants to work in areas like agressive tax planning and international taxation. Not so interested in Super, except his own. :)

As for the Laphroaig Scotch, it has a seriously smoky taste - it is absolutely gorgeous. The 10 year old is great, the 25 is terrific and I haven't tried the cask strength (you get normal whisky by taking cask whisky and adding water, diluting the flavour). It used to be a legislative requirement!

The Johnny Walker company hold scotch tastings as an educational thing - teaches you about the different areas. The island scotches such as Laphroaig and Lagavullin have the peat smoke taste in them, while those from other areas have different characteristics.

And yes, it's widely available here.

Hi Quiggles,

Sorry about the Grandson bit. Don't know why but that is what my brain saw.

Then again, I was caught by a red light camera this morning while trying to stop World War 3 between the the kids in the back.

One of those days.

Bring on 2005!

Time for a Scotch!

Jeff

Edited. Just found this avatar, pretty much what I felt like as the camera went flash, flash, click! :mad:

BTW the ROI on the Scottish property isn't that good. It's a dram of whisky every year, but you hve to turn up in person to collect. Depending on what they mean by a dram I guesstimate about 5% gross return and low expenses except for travel. :D

Back