I'm still alive

Hi all.

In case anybody was missing me, I'm still kicking around. Have just been too busy with work to participate much.

Ninja's

writingImage_Ninja-Coders-and-Despot-Designers-Game-Over.jpg

Hi Westminster, what do you want to know about waffle pod slabs

They are cheaper than the other one...

Okay comic effect over, waffle vs raft slabs:

http://www.buildingforums.com.au/showthread.php?2346-Concrete-slab-(with-Piers)-vs-Waffle-Pod-slab

Thanks guys. I'm fairly up on waffle slabs but they are rare in Perth. Jake works for an engineering mob who do geotech/construction engineering so I was wondering if he knew anything about waffles in Perth but he's not in the right section really (I was clutching at straws :))

For some reason (but basically cos we are backwards here) they like to excavate then put in clean A class fill rather than use waffle slabs.

I've asked my Builder to quote on both for a M class site which needs 1500sqm of slab. Theoretically waffle should be cheaper but because it's rare and there might be a company monopoly on it, I don't know yet.

Thanks guys. I'm fairly up on waffle slabs but they are rare in Perth. Jake works for an engineering mob who do geotech/construction engineering....

Not currently. I've decided on a working holiday in the Pilbarra. I've heard the flies & falling over cranes are lovely this time of year.

...Although I will most likely be back with those guys before the end of the year.

Prompt will probably be happy to sort you out with a suitable waffle-slab detail, BTW. I can give you a name of someone to speak to if you want.

Not currently. I've decided on a working holiday in the Pilbarra. I've heard the flies & falling over cranes are lovely this time of year.

...Although I will most likely be back with those guys before the end of the year.

Prompt will probably be happy to sort you out with a suitable waffle-slab detail, BTW. I can give you a name of someone to speak to if you want.

Thanks Jake. Have fun!
Prompt should be the engineering company it's going to.

Back