i'm tired

wow thanks for all the replies...

i was totally knackered when i wrote that message, and now after isolating myself for 2 days, i am back in the world again. i will take the next 2 or so months off from major things but will always keep looking. you just never know when something good will come up.

But i have been thinking, as some have suggested, to farm out the reno work. The only issue with that for me is that i would like to be there monitoring the situation while the tradies are doing their work (ie i don't trust them by themselves) and the catch 22 is, the only time i can be there is during the weekend (and most tradies don't work on the weekends). So i need to get my head around that issue.

But i do want to start to farm that part of it out. i don't want to do anymore reno work anymore.

Who knows, after winter, come spring, i may have more more energy.

thanks

g

But i have been thinking, as some have suggested, to farm out the reno work. The only issue with that for me is that i would like to be there monitoring the situation while the tradies are doing their work (ie i don't trust them by themselves) and the catch 22 is, the only time i can be there is during the weekend (and most tradies don't work on the weekends). So i need to get my head around that issue.

I know where you are coming from gg. My father is also a control freak and cannot bring himself to let a tradie on-site without him hovering over the top and "supervising" them whilst there and then rubbishing their work when they have left. It's OK if you wish to stay small, but that habit must be relinquished if you are to grow to a substantial size. It just must.

But i do want to start to farm that part of it out. i don't want to do anymore reno work anymore.

It's tough demanding work for sure - satisfying but demanding. It's tough to drop it, if it is your strong point.

The satisfaction drops off when you can make 10x the amount by doing something else with your brain and property, rather than your hands and property.

When you start making 100x the amount organising and negotiating as you did when you renovated, you'll never pick up another tool in your life.

When you start making 1000x the amount, you'll swap being surrounded by plumbers and tilers, to being surrounded by Lenders, partners and gaggles of senior solicitors. It ain't much fun at that stage either, and just as exhausting.

Ahhhh....and everything always comes back to life's little conundrum, answering the question "Just how much is enough".

Good luck gg.

It's OK if you wish to stay small, but that habit must be relinquished if you are to grow to a substantial size. It just must.

Dazz,

Your experienced replies are a godsend sometimes.

Congrate is all I can say, my goal was to get 2 in 2010 but cannot find 1 at this stage. I guess the first is the hardest.

I have a bad feeling I'm a bit like you I have to do everything and would want to be there all the time but as some have said to grow you will need to farm out to free up some time which will give you time to move forward in a balanced way not hectic.

Well done
Brian

Congrate is all I can say, my goal was to get 2 in 2010 but cannot find 1 at this stage. I guess the first is the hardest.

I have a bad feeling I'm a bit like you I have to do everything and would want to be there all the time but as some have said to grow you will need to farm out to free up some time which will give you time to move forward in a balanced way not hectic.

Well done
Brian

Back