i'm tired

hi all,

In the last 10 or so months, i have bought 4 houses, installed 3 flat pack kitchens, landscaped 5 gardens, painted the internals of 3 houses and fixed one fence and all of this while holding down a 6 figure income at a salaried job.

My plans were to hit the magic ownershiop of 10 distinct houses/properties by june 30 this year, and so far i have got 8.

But to tell you the truth, i don't think i have it in me to get 2 more properties in 2 months.

I just wanna put my legs up and count my passive income, listen to some music and just chill out for a while.

About 18 months ago, i made a plan and set a goal but i will come short of that goal. i won't cry about it, i won't loose sleep, won't worry about it nor will i kick the cat and think of myself a failure. I still have it in my mind that I have still done more in the last 12 months compared to what many people have done in their whole wage earning lifetimes.

At this stage though, i am knackered - physically and mentally. Maybe I'll hit the double digits in home ownership next financial year - i won't this year though. I just dont have it in me.

Thanks

g

Hi, I want to be a failure like you.

If it's any help at all, we've all at various times felt exactly the same. May not even have achieved as much as you have as quickly too.

Some milestones are magic. The 6 figure income is one. Ten years ago, I totally stressed myself out figuring the 6 figure milestone in 12 months. Then I did a bit of Chinese accounting: so what if I reach it in January instead of December?

Sure success.

The day I reached 100K, I had an idiotic smile for a whole week.

Then the M dollar net worth.

If you aim for the coconut tree, you'll never hit the moon but if you aim for the moon and hit the coconut tree, you've achieved something worthwhile.

Sure, chill out [think about this: I can buy 10 cheap properties in Kuala Lumpur & be on my way to 50+ properties]

Hope to hear that you've recharged & are ready to go again soon.

KY

I think you have done so well that you deserve a beer and a rest. Maybe even a bex and a lie down :p

Have the next two months off and rest and recuperate.

Well done. Inspirational!!

Hey there GG,

If you aim for the stars and miss, you're at least likely to hit the moon. ;)

You've taken action on a designated course/path and achieved something that probably less than 1 % of the population have achieved..... eight distinct IP's.

Don't beat yourself up. Instead celebrate and realise that goals need some flexibility. Being too steadfast will fry your brain. :p

The tiredness you describe is the sweet exhaustion that comes from accomplished effort....similar to an unaccustomed exhaustive exercise session or running and completing a marathon.

Put your feet up and celebrate. As you take a hiatus, reflect on what you've achieved; don't focus on what you missed your mark by. Plan you next prong of attack, and go again when you're ready.

Well done gg1965 :)

Hi G,

You've done very well - sounds like you could do with a break.

Just give me the cash and I'll grab those last two for you :)

But seriously, rushing to get the last two in order to realise your goal may result in purchasing poorer quality investments. I think you can rest easy knowing that you've achieved more in the last 12 months than most people would achieve in a lifetime.

Just because you set a goal of 10 doesn't mean you have to have 10 - nothing wrong with altering the goal is there? Do your projections with the 8 you have - it's probably enough to reach the goal financially and maybe the magic 10 was just that - a round number. Have a break or finish up for good - whichever takes your fancy for you've achieved plenty.

heh, I just finished putting my first ever hole on the wall (had to use a brand new hammer drill). Have never replaced a light bulb in my life. 4 holes, and after drilling them, they didn't match :). I'm exhausted hehe...

thanks for the motivation! have some rest and enjoy what you've achieved. I am :)

Congratulations gg1965.

If I tried to do what you have done I wouldn't be tired - I'd be dead!

You are right - you have achieved way more than most people achieve in a lifetime.

As others have said - take a break for a while and reflect on what you have achieved.

Regards Jason.

hi all,

In the last 10 or so months, i have bought 4 houses,

I still have it in my mind that I have still done more in the last 12 months compared to what many people have done in their whole wage earning lifetimes.
Hi gg.

The above 2 sentences signify to me that you are doing well and have no reason to worry about taking the foot off the accelorator for a little while.

Take that short break (from IP's) and come back rearing to go.

Just don't take too long a break ;)

Regards
Marty

wow congrats. huge feat! :)

that'd mentally kill me! :eek:

buying my 2nd one so soon after my first mentally exhausted me. took a while to recover. im hoping i'll be ok when i buy the next one. thats why i think its sensible for me to have a 2 year or perhaps 3 year gap between purchases.

GG - Your just trying to make the rest of us look bad! :D

All I have done in the last 12 months is sign a contract! Haven't even settled on it yet. Hell haven't even started building it yet! :D

well done GG,

Great effort;)

Why not a passive investment next time in another state you don't have to do any-work on or pay someone else to do it.

No point having 100 properties and being dead!

You have done the hard work why not let others do it for u in future or all least on some?

Well done again!

Well done!
You earnt your rest. Take some time off, and come back to it later with a fresh mind.
Be interesting if you can post some details.

Fantastic effort. When the results are so good being slightly off target is still more than OK :D.

I also wouldn't mind you sharing some details. Did you revalue each home in between renos and the next purchase? What LVR? Experience with the banks... ??

If it helps others purchase just 2 in that time, in this banking climate, then your story can be of great help to others.

In the last 10 or so months, i have bought 4 houses

This sounds good - well done.

installed 3 flat pack kitchens, landscaped 5 gardens, painted the internals of 3 houses and fixed one fence

This sounds exhausting - farm it out gg, especially if you are 45 y.o.

holding down a 6 figure income at a salaried job.

This sounds good - well done.

My plans were to hit the magic ownershiop of 10 distinct houses/properties by june 30 this year, and so far i have got 8.

But to tell you the truth, i don't think i have it in me to get 2 more properties in 2 months.

Stick to the good bits gg and you'll make your goal. No excuses.

Stop the reno fluffing and get out there and complete your goal.

Dazz makes a great point. Your wellbeing perhaps isn't worth the sacrifice of your weekends for a year straight when it would only cost a few thou to pay a handyman. If you can afford it perhaps it's a good idea. I know it's hard to do that when you are used to doing it all yourself on a shoestring but your time is worth money. More than that, burn-out is a real possibility. The last thing you want is for PI to be such a hard slog that you get sick of it all together.

One thing that I do is adjsut the goals over time, to make sure that the rate of achievement matches the end requirement. By doing all this you are probably ahead of where you thought you'd be anyway, so perhaps for the next ones pick easier properties...?

Back