In the Property Industry full time now!

W

WebBoard

Hi there everyone,

Well, I've finally done it - I've given my corporate boss notice of my resignation. Working as the GM for a software company that sells to the legal industry has been interesting, but I've had enough of it. (Selling software that enables law firms to bill an additional 4% in fees per year is exciting for only so long). As from Monday the 3rd of September, I'll be out of the IT industry, and will no longer be an 'employee' of one organisation.

I will now be able to devote all my time to the industry I love, and will be actively involved in property and property investment - full time…woohoo! I will be working in many facets of PI, including:

· negotiating with developers/vendors on below FMV property acquisitions.
· negotiating with developers to secure marketing rights to carefully selected property developments.
· Making good property investment deals available to the general public, as well as graduates of various investment courses.
· building, and working with, a network of good real estate agents, valuers, accountants, finance brokers, financial planners, lawyers and quantity surveyors. After all, it's who you know and who is on your team that can make a huge difference in your PI/business successes.

I will not be affiliated exclusively with any one organisation, and will remain as objective as I have ever been. However, I have agreed to contract my services to certain companies that have approached me. One of these is Property Investor Services. I see several major benefits in this. Firstly, PIS is a licensed organisation. So, I can do what I do without constantly being reminded that I need to be licensed. Secondly, PIS is probably the most reputable of all such companies in Melbourne. The last thing I want is for my credibility to suffer because of the company I associate with. Thirdly, they have many contacts and good relationships with key people in the industry, which is very important to me.

This vocational change does not mean I'm out of the 'rat race' yet. However, it will give me the opportunity to greatly improve my skills, knowledge, contacts and exposure to investment opportunities, enabling me to exit the rat race far sooner. Furthermore, it will help me to help others to achieve the same goal. I have always been willing to share whatever information has been asked of me....and this will allow me to do this even more from now on.

I'd love to remain an active contributor on this forum. Since my first login in May this year, I have learned so much. I am grateful to so many of you for the wealth of knowledge you've shared. Hopefully, I've been able to return the favour to some of you in some small way...even if it was in the form of an occasional cringe at some of my posts. *grins* Plus, it's great fun in here...you'd be surprised the number of times I burst into laughter over the antics I read about in these posts and in the chat room. :)

I am happy to continue with MPINet, as long as there is a demand for it. I have also indicated to TW my willingness to be a part of the Freestyler Groups she's organising. This is a fantastic idea and I don't think many of us realize yet just how much we will all benefit from this. I’d urge anyone who hasn’t already, to indicate their participation in the cities in which they live. I see tremendous value in these activities, and would love to be involved in any capacity (even as furniture :p ) as long as people want me to be.

I will continue to remain accessible to those of you who have been emailing me and phoning me. My mobile number will not change – 0416 054 499. I will post my new email details as soon as I myself know them.

Some of you may be thinking, "Who cares what you’re doing?". Maybe so, but many of you in here are now my friends and I really wanted to let you know what I’m doing and how excited I am about the journey I'm about to embark on.

Thanks for reading my waffle.

Cheers,

Dave
:)

{Life’s short…play hard}

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

good on you dave!!!!!, does that mean no more morning coffee breaks

regards

Tristan Newman

"a person who fails to plan, normally is planning to fail.

Reply: 1.1

I'm a caffeine addict, Tristan - that's one thing I'm not giving up.
Coffee meets are still on!

Reply: 1.1.1

Dave,

Good Luck on your new venture , We look forward to hearing all about it, see you at the meetings.

TW
~Life is a daring adventure, or nothing at all~

Reply: 2

Well done Dave. Like someone said to me sometime ago, search for what your passion is, and once you find it, let nothing stand between it and you. Sounds like you have found it.

Congrats.

Gurbinder

Reply: 3

YAY DAVE:)

Good on you!!!

Let me know if I can help!!!

Everyone, stand up and applaud Dave:)

It is very difficult to leave the known and plunge headlong into the unknown, I wish you every success!!!

asy

Reply: 3.1

Lucky bastard.
And we are still on the circle...around and around...

Anyway good luck to you man.

Serge.

Reply: 3.1.1

Congratulations Dave
Well done. Having read your various posts, the growth in your knowledge of property has been obvious over the last months.
The property industry needs more reputable honest players.
Follow your passions and your dreams and the best of luck.
Michael Yardney
Metropole Properties

Reply: 4.1

Congratulations Dave,

...and the best of luck to you.

Go out there and Make it Happen!!!

Make Inspiration and Motivation a constant companion with you.

...and don't forget, when working for yourself, the sky is the limit, there is No Ceiling on the income you can generate, but on the other side, there is No Floor either.

Hope to see you listed in the Rich 200 in the near future.

regards
Jakk

*If the Lord delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm...*
- Psalm 37:23

Reply: 4.1.1

wow...thanks guys!

I didn't expect so much encouragement from you all. I really appreciate it!

You guys are great...and are a major reason I've built up the courage and sufficient knowledge to get off my butt and start crawling.

I'd by lying if I said I wasn't anxious about the change. However, I figured I'm only getting one shot at life so I'm going to give it my best shot. As I've often said, I'd rather regret the things I've said and done, than regret the things I haven't said and done.

And Jakk, thanks. Believe it or not, I love the verse you quoted. It's one of many Psalms that inspire me.

Cheers,

Dave
:)

{Life's short...play hard}

p.s Serge, in answer to your question under another post, NO, I didn't get a party thrown for me. The only thing thrown was ME...asked to pack up my things and leave the office. hehe...oh the joy in seeing the back end of the corporate crap. :p

Reply: 4.1.1.1

Good stuff Dave.

I quit my secure job at 35 in 1995.

It was a real shock going from security and the routine of the past 20 yrs.

It took a long while to get use to not having people above pulling the strings. As well as the non existent weekly pay packet.

However I now doubt that I could ever go back to a normal working job.

Keep Busy

Good luck.

Gee Cee

Reply: 4.1.1.1.1

Good one ya guys

The more "unemployables" like me out there the better :eek:, its not that an employer wouldnt want us, its that we probably wouldnt want them.

Ta

Rolf

Reply: 5

Hi Dave :),

CONGRATULATIONS on your new found freedom.
You have certainly contributed much to beginners like me (Thanks to you I have my first IP).

I hope that you continue to have enormous success and continue to contribute to this wonderful community.

Wadih :D

Reply: 5.1

Congratulations Dave !!!
Good luck, freedom is at hand.

Simon H

Back