Increasing rent

Hi,

One of my investments is due for a rent increase. This is a CPI increase however the 12 month revue date was the 1st August but I was unable to implement the increase as the next due date for the CPI figures is not until the end of September. How is this applied to the due date, in other words backdating the increased rate a couple of months?

Thank you for any assistance.

It wouldn't suprise me if the lease refers to CPI for the preceding quarter- ie year from july 08 to jun 09 - use those figures from ABS and adjust accordingly and issue invoices for the shortfall to bring it up to date.

When I had a landlord and they were slow in applying the CPI increase it was still backdated as per the lease. Issue a separate rental invoice covering the total back rent to be paid and next time use the most recent CPI figures available even if a new set are due in a few weeks.

Ok, I think I will use Hulkster's suggestion. The only reason I am waiting for the September figures is I do recall reading somewhere about this but have not been able to find the link again. It did suggest using the later figures and backdating but couldn't remember the exact wording.

Thanks

How is this applied

It shall be applied exactly as per the wording in your Lease. You cannot pick and choose between posters suggestions and what worked for them during past experiences.

One must adhere to what has already been agreed and signed off by the Tenant and yourself.

It shall be applied exactly as per the wording in your Lease. You cannot pick and choose between posters suggestions and what worked for them during past experiences.

One must adhere to what has already been agreed and signed off by the Tenant and yourself.

Granted TPFKAD, so long as the method of calculation is actually stipulated in the Lease. We have several "inherited" Leases that leave this calculation in a haze of ambiguity...

Boods

Back