Independent Valuation Issues

Update - so CBA risk refused to get a second valuation.

Have gone to plan B via a broker. Quick question for the brokers on the forum - the bank (big 4) who we are now progressing forward with wants me to pay for the valuation as 'long form' is required. Will cost a couple of grand. Is it unreasonable if I ask the broker to rebate cost of the valuation against their commission should the loan be successfully funded? I figure a $2k rebate against a fee of over $10k is fair, but keen to sense check my logic.

Cheers

Interesting development. I did think it was odd they would not take their valuers advice. There I was thinking anything was possible via the private bank channel. Assume this was your channel?

Anyway regardless I have had Nab make the client pay for the val upfront and then reimburse if the loan goes ahead. Good luck.

Interesting development. I did think it was odd they would not take their valuers advice. There I was thinking anything was possible via the private bank channel. Assume this was your channel?

Anyway regardless I have had Nab make the client pay for the val upfront and then reimburse if the loan goes ahead. Good luck.

Thanks Marty - that's very useful to know.

Back