Inexpensive kitchen fit-out in Sydney

Hi

Can anyone suggest names of company in Sydney where we can get a complete fit-out for a small (will have sizes on the weekend) kitchen ?

Hubby suggested Ikea but I'm sure we can get better value elsewhere.

Many thanks.

Off the top of my head:
kitcheners' kitchens?
Renovation boys?

I have a more complete list at home so I'll respond later.

Have you tried ebay.
You can get bargain second hand ones but can be a problem if you
have a U shape kitchen getting the correct size.
I just got an L shape tassie oak with a new double stainless steel
wall oven all or $500 (no other bids) and was ready for pickup.

Have noticed the Kitchens on ebay don't sell after Christmas,
I think not as many lookers due to the holiday period.
Some of the prices paid for secondhand kitchens on ebay can be ridiculous.

I fitted an ikea kitchen not long ago for work as i am a carpenter and i have to say the price the client paid and the quality they recieved was outstanding. So when im doing my own reno next ill be looking at ikea. You could probably try wholesale kitchens in padstow. I worked there ages ago when i lived in sydney they actually have a secconds part which is there old display models if you want.

I use to use IKEA kitchens until they reduced the width of the MDF they were using on the doors. I found JPC Kitchens on Canal Rd/Princes Hwy 9516 2121 excellent. For the same price I got a custom made and with a huge selection and excellent standard, no issues with the extra 30mm that you had to cover up etc. Richard Acar will look after you.

Remember with IKEA you are at the mercy of supplies so they may have 3/4 of the doors and you need to wait a few weeks till the rest arrive etc.

Jane

Not sure about whirly bird installers, but know that bunnings sell them and you can install yourself very easily.

Put 2 in myself last weekend in less than an hour and for under $200.

It was for a concrete tile roof, may be a bit different for a tin roof???

Last edited:
Thanks Farmilor. To Bunnings we will go !

Apparently, Bunnings also sells flat packed kitchens. Anyone had any experienece with those ?

Cheers.

Has anyone ever had an issue with leaking whirlybirds. My plumber refused to put one in the bathroom as he said he has had too many call outs and damage bills from them leaking in heavy rain. I convinced him to put one in my outside laundry - with no leaks so far but he was really strongly opinionated.

Anyone?

Jane

Jane

We have had two fitted to our roof for over 4 years and have had no problems whatsoever.
They are quite common in our area and have never heard of anyone having problems, even in heavy 'tropical-type' storms.

Cheers
LynnH

yet to have rain with them in the roof. Will be getting up there when it does rain though to check it out and see if I made any mistakes.

what would you call cheap though, i would say a good secondhand one everything installed included for 2k would be inexpensive, infact i've scored this deal excluding tiling or splashbacks and flooring but the existing floorboards should do.

Just found this thread.

We use Paradise Kitchens in Wetherill Park. You can get a small kitchen with granite benchtop for $1850. Of course, you have to fit it and get someone to cut the granite, but that is the best value I have found.

Thanks Skater... will check out Paradise Kitchens at Wetherill Park.

Also since a few people have commented on Ikea and hubby is a big fan of theirs, a trip to Ikea is on the cards.

Will let you know how this ones goes.

Cheerio

We put a Paradise Kitchen into out PPOR without any problems. It's been there for around 5 years now & still looks good.

I don't understand why so many people on here rave about Ikea kitchens. When I did my IP I looked at Ikea kitchens because of comments on here, skeptical that they would be worth considering on price or quality/life. I can't really comment on quality or how long they would last but they were certainly not cheap. I had a custom made one done for a hell of a lot less with materials I could count on, and with quality hinges and drawers ...not Blum, the other one???

I agree with Skater on Paradise being a good one to consider, also have bathroom items.

Back