Info on Ballarat

Just joined the forum as an about to be 1st time invester. We are looking at properties houses & unit in Central Ballarat, does anyone have any experience with this area. Cheers!

Central Ballarat is a good place to buy. Look for a 3BR brick house in a quiet street near to town. A block around 800sqm with subdiv potential is advisable. Budget should be $300k - $500k depending on where/what you buy.

Gross Yields for Ballarat are higher than Melbourne, apx 4.5% and CG is predicted to be around 6% (slightly lower than Melbourne).

I've bought several properties for people there and they're very happy with the performance so far.

For example:

King Street South: Advertised @ $250k / Bought all-cash for: $219k, Renting at 4.8% gross, bank reval 6 months later for $260k.

Cant proclaim to be an expert, but I looked into an NRAS purchase there a couple years back. Read most of the forums that are linked above - they were very informative in shaping my purchase decision.

From my occassional research ever since, i think vacancy rates shot up over the last few years. Although i get emails from the same sellers selling it for about 10% more.

Hello :)

Ballarat is a interesting area - More and more clients of mine have been looking into ballarat to invest.

Their rationality behind it has been:
- Greater rental yields vs some parts of Melbourne.
- Investment in the area has improved.
- Infrastructure is always improving.
- Entry price is affordable.
Just ensure you look at things like insurance, council rates and other expenses.
On paper you might get a good yield but calculate the yield after expenses and see what you come up with.

Also what lender are you looking at to finance the property?

Hi,

Pls read this report and you will get the better idea also i have add Bendigo report to one of the post before.

MI

Attachments

• ballarat.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 247
Back