Info on buyers agents

Hi,
I am new to this forum, I was just wondering if anyone has dealt with Paul Wilson from we find houses or Nathan and Daniel from binvested.

If someone has dealt with them how did you find your experience with them. I am looking to deal with them in the new year but I would like to hear some feedback before I go ahead with it. I know binvested find some great properties just wondering if Paul does too:).

If you do a search for Binvested, you'll find a number of threads about them on here. You'll also see Nathan post on here occassionally (he used to be a regular) under the alias of Nathan.

Not sure about Paul Wilson though.

Second luckyone's comment, definitely threads on binvested and also I recall a thread on Paul Wilson from 'We find houses'.

Cheers

Hi Brian

Not sure of where you're looking or planning to buy but check out www.rebaa.com.au for Australia's largest list of buyers agents. It covers all states with 21 members in NSW. Best of luck with your search.

Thanks jacque. I'm new to property investing some I am looking for some guidance into where to buy. Judging by other forums a lot of people are saying Brisbane, cairns, central coast nsw and Perth (not sure what areas here though)

I currently live in prestons western Sydney. I have approx $130,000 in equity, just don't know the best way to use it.

Please feel free to elaborate if you have any advice.:):)

Thanks jacque. I'm new to property investing some I am looking for some guidance into where to buy. Judging by other forums a lot of people are saying Brisbane, cairns, central coast nsw and Perth (not sure what areas here though)

Brian,
Can't help but point out you're trying to read the book backwards. The first things you need to understand are:
- what can I afford (talk to a mortgage broker from this forum)?
- what strategy am I pursuing?
- what is my risk profile?

Until you know this, I can say as many places as there are in Australia, and you could still lose money. You need to understand what it is you want from the property you buy before you go looking

Thanks jaggannath for your feedback. I understand what you are saying that's why my original post was asking about 2 buyers agent companies to lead me in the path I need to follow.

Eg what is the best path for me with little cash flow but enough equity to buy a property and find a good strategy to work inline with my goals.

My goal is to have 10-20 properties in 10 years so I can retire early or semi retire at least. Do you think this is achievable. I personally think it is but I like to hear other people's opinions.

Brian,
Can't help but point out you're trying to read the book backwards. The first things you need to understand are:
- what can I afford (talk to a mortgage broker from this forum)?
- what strategy am I pursuing?
- what is my risk profile?

Until you know this, I can say as many places as there are in Australia, and you could still lose money. You need to understand what it is you want from the property you buy before you go looking

This is good advise from Jagga Brian. It can be fine to chat through these issues and clarify your investment goals, strategy, methods etc with a BA but the more you have worked through these issues first the easier it will be to tell if you are a fit for the BA you call. (or vice versa)

So its a conversation you need to start with yourself (and via this forum is the cheapest way to start it) then once you have a little clarity go sound out the BA's to decide if they have what you are looking for and are the kind of team you want to work with.

Thanks for the advice matt. I have found a reputable company that doesn't charge anything for the first consultation to work out a strategy that will suit my financial position.

My goal is to have 10-20 properties in 10 years so I can retire early or semi retire at least. Do you think this is achievable. I personally think it is but I like to hear other people's opinions.
Quality, not quantity ;)

Thanks for the advice matt. I have found a reputable company that doesn't charge anything for the first consultation to work out a strategy that will suit my financial position.

Good luck! (sincerely, not being snarky).

Agreed - the actual number is a bit irrelevant. More important is how the ip's get you to your goals.

Agree. Having a number of properties is not a good goal.
10 properties may yiekld you no cashflow, whereby 5 of a different type may yield you a great cashflow. Seeing your goal is to retire you need to have a cashflow goal to ensure this is possible.

Your goal needs to be more like- I will have $100K a year in cashflow.

Then look for properties that will lead you to this goal. By having a more defined goal you can talk to your BA about what properties will get you there.

Good luck on your journey. It's a great one to be part of.

Back