Info on my new business.

Hi all,

I am in the process of starting a new business doing building inspections, new and old.

My cousin and I have been working on a website for the business and the business has already been registered, I would just like a bit of feedback if you have the time to have a quick look and let me know if there is anything I should change or add to make it more appealing.

This is the link to my site http://platinumpropertyinspections.com/.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Overall first impressions - good. I like WordPress because it scales down to mobile devices.

Particularly don't like:
1. .com domain makes it first appear to be an American site
2. Image galleries #1,2,3 have USA examples and language
3. No testimonials or resources (I assume coming)
4. Full report within 24 hours may be too slow. We often ask for and receive a full report (verbal) immediately and written report same day
5. No "About Us" to give is some background on you
6. No photos of the inspector/s

Just being picky which is what you asked for. ;)

Yes that's great feedback thanks propertunity.

1) I will get my cousin to change to .com.au
2) yes I agree the pics will need to be changed from American pics to Australian examples.
3) I haven't loaded up any testimonials as I haven't really done much with the inspection side of the business as I have a construction company as well which I was concentrating more on and have just decided to get this going now.
4)that was a mistake about the report being sent within 24 hours. I will have the report sent off to the client the moment I leave the front door and a report in a display folder will be also be sent to the client as a keepsake report and not just an email so they are getting more for their money than just an email with the report.
5)I will get on to the about us with some info about myself.
6)I wasn't going to put a pic of myself on the site. Do you think it is needed, I am not very photogenic.

What is your Unique Selling Proposition?

What sets you ahead of your competitors?

Why should we use your services instead of going elsewhere?

The answers to these questions need to be on your home page for all to see first up because people want to know what is in it for them. You need to capture them immediately otherwise they surf elsewhere.

6)I wasn't going to put a pic of myself on the site. Do you think it is needed, I am not very photogenic.
Me either! :p

Ultimately, people trust people they can see (just human nature) and if you have plans to integrate your site to social media - FB, twitter, youtube etc then you can't get away from it. Which reminds me - you need all that social media links stuff on your site too.

Yes add a picture
People visit the about us section of your website more than anything else.

Small business is about branding yourself - your unique style - people will use you because they LIKE YOU.
Personal branding - get out there, get visible - works like magic.

Price.

Don't need to be cheapest or dearest but am a big fan of clearly displayed price for each service.

Hi Brian,

We refer people to building inspectors all the time. I imagine that real estate agents and buyers agents are also asked for details.

If I was starting a B&P inspection business, I'd be contacting every real estate agent and mortgage broker in your ideal locations. Buy them a coffee, give them a sample report and walk them through it.

After you've done that, to keep referrers remembering you, you'll need to keep in touch. A newsletter, phone call or another coffee can be very useful here.

People on Somersoft are always asking for this service, although here it tends to be less localised. The good thing is people here also ask lots of building related questions, so it should be easy to get a reputation around here for answering construction related questions.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the advice Peter. I have answered a few questions already for people on the forum who have posted building related questions.

My cousin who is helping me with the website, her husband is my accountant and also mortgage broker so I know he will refer me to his clients so that's a bit of a foot in the door.

Once I get my display folders made I will print a sample report and go around and see re agents, solicitors, conveyances, buyers agents and mortgage brokers etc.

After viewing a few other companies sample reports I believe my report is straight forward for the client and easy to read and follow, to make a quick judgement for themselves on the property they are wanting to purchase. It will come complete with a pic of any defective areas and a description of the defect.

After viewing a few other companies sample reports I believe my report is straight forward for the client and easy to read and follow, to make a quick judgement for themselves on the property they are wanting to purchase. It will come complete with a pic of any defective areas and a description of the defect.

Then put up a sample people can download. Hard to just take your word for it.

I will fill out a sample one and then I will upload. It's a bit hard to get around at the moment to take pics because I have a broken foot. Around the outside is ok but climbing a ladder to get in the roof void will be a problem. I will do it 2mrw to give everyone a rough idea of what it is about and then people can give me their opinions. My system gives a score rating that is automatically calculated by the amount of defects the building has.

As inviting as that sounds datto the ones that would be worthy of walking around in next to nothing would not have a brain to go with it and wouldn't have a clue what to look for. Although I could use a side kick :D

Beauty and the brains property inspections
Where we spot the mould and the beers are cold.

I am not sure how to upload a copy of the sample report. Can anyone tell me how to do it, or those who would like a copy I am more than happy to email it to you.

Back