Infrastructure research

I've heard that you can find where proposed shopping centres will be located through the Australian Bureau of Statistics but cannot find anything on this. Has anyone heard of this and knows where to find it? Thanks Josh

sorry i cannot help you but would also be very interested in this if anyone can advise us on where to find this information?

thanks

Local councils would have this information on all proposed developments. Not sure about ABS

Not always.

Sometimes the larger developments are state or federally approved and it can often take a substantial amount of time for the information to be filtered down into Council records.

Not sure if linking to other forums is allowed here so moderators please delete if that is the case:

I usually go to Skyscrapercity for general news of developments. Because it's an international website, we get tied in with the Kiwis but you can drill down to state level forums:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=545

After reading general news, I drill down further to the State's planning website or Local Council website.

Hope this helps. :)

Not sure if linking to other forums is allowed here so moderators please delete if that is the case:

I usually go to Skyscrapercity for general news of developments. Because it's an international website, we get tied in with the Kiwis but you can drill down to state level forums:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=545

After reading general news, I drill down further to the State's planning website or Local Council website.

Hope this helps. :)

That's a great link pdawg.

Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Thanks for the link pdawg. Having difficulty opening the page at the moment, but I'm sure it will come good... and yes Chilliblue I mean the Westfields etc. By the way, I found this in the news today - bit.ly/dv4NX2 Westfield Carindale about to expand.

Found great new website!

Found a great new site called planningalerts.org.au.
You can get notifications of new planning applications within a 2km radius of an address. Find your hotspot, then start looking for new alerts! Great way to be one step ahead... You can also use it on your iPhone or Blackberry with an app called Layar. Happy hunting!

Back