Ink on Carpet - My time has no value!

You are wrong. No quoted rate is ever the PAYG rate, it's always the charge rate of a company. Otherwise there always will be someone willing to work for minimum wage which will be the same rate across the board.

pinkboy

There are heaps of people working independently as cleaners - I have hired a few myself in the past. Terry is right - going rate in Brisbane is around $20 to $25 an hour. An annual domestic workers compensation policy takes care of any liability.
Marg

kitdoctor was talking about issuing an invoice from his company, in which case - as pinkboy stated - the relevant reference point would be what a company charges a customer.

In any case, it would be fraud, and I think there's a clear consensus that kitdoctor should just treat it as a learning experience. :)

You are wrong. No quoted rate is ever the PAYG rate, it's always the charge rate of a company. Otherwise there always will be someone willing to work for minimum wage which will be the same rate across the board.

Lots of things I am wrong about & really were splitting hairs.

He is not putting in a quote to or as a third party, if he were to invoice, I would suggest the lower rate as he was acting as the cleaner, if he were to charge what a third party would quote, I reckon he would come unstuck badly if was checked up on, first thing I would ask is for the companies records, insurance and books......his answer would be ???

If he were to charge a hourly rate that an employee would get, it would look more reasonable, but again, the rules are the rules, they may ping him for that, I do not know.

He has no legit invoice, the deed has been done, I suggested letting it go, even if the rate was 1000 dollars an hour, it is done. This is the crux of the matter really & the rate would not change my suggestion of letting it go.

There are heaps of people working independently as cleaners - I have hired a few myself in the past. Terry is right - going rate in Brisbane is around $20 to $25 an hour. An annual domestic workers compensation policy takes care of any liability.
Marg

An independent contractor can charge whatever they like however you don't go into business to lose money.

PB is 100% correct. Wages forms one part of the costing rate. You've still got to include all overheads ie wc, PLI,, super, award conditions etc so your $22 fast becomes $38.50/hr.

I don't take on the risk for domestic workers, they need to be above board. Just like paying cash.

Back