Inner Brisbane townhouse $450-$500k.. which areas fit my budget?

Hi,

I would like to buy a townhouse in inner Brisbane for around $450-$500k but could possibly go a bit higher than 500 if the place is right.

I would like something quite modern and easy to maintain and rent out. I can put down a 30% deposit and will borrow the rest from an Aussie bank. I currently work o'seas and am a non resident for tax purposes.

Please let me know your thoughts on which areas of Brisbane would be good to invest for long term buy and hold. I am interested in long term capital growth.

I would like something quite modern and easy to maintain and rent out. I can put down a 30% deposit and will borrow the rest from an Aussie bank. I currently work o'seas and am a non resident for tax purposes..

not ur question, but 80 to 90 % lvrs may be possible

ta

rolf

ta

rolf

That would be great if we can use less of our own money.

How "inner" are you talking?

Within 5km, 7, 10 or CBD?

Within 5km if that's possible?

I know this is not a townhouse, but this just popped into my inbox.

I have no idea about how this stacks up financially, but I reckon this would rent well and perhaps give better growth than some townhouses (depending on way too many factors to list).

I just like this place :D

http://www.realestate.com.au/proper...=ebrochure.highlight-to-property-details-page

Thanks wylie, is the inner south considered a nice part of Brisbane? It looks like a new complex which would be good for depreciation and maintenance. I was told I should look north side in in places like Clayfield, Ascot and Albion but I'm not sure I'll get much for my budget there.

I would go for something like this
(check flood maps though and freeway noise!)
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-townhouse-qld-holland+park+west-1152627

Link isn't working but Holland Park West also looks inner south.

Can anyone tell me what the equivalent suburbs in Brissie would be compared to Melbourne thanks:
St Kilda = Fortitude Vally?
Sth Yarra = Hamilton?

ta

rolf

That's great to know I can use less of my own money.

How "inner" are you talking?

Within 5km, 7, 10 or CBD?

Within 5km if that's possible?

I have no idea about how this stacks up financially, but I reckon this would rent well and perhaps give better growth than some townhouses (depending on way too many factors to list).

http://www.realestate.com.au/proper...=ebrochure.highlight-to-property-details-page

Thanks wylie, it looks newish so good depreciation and low maintenance. Is Camp Hill considered a good area for inner south? I was told to stick to north side, preferably around Clayfield, Albion and Ascot if I can afford it.

I would go for something like this
(check flood maps though and freeway noise!)
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-townhouse-qld-holland+park+west-1152627

Link isn't working but Holland Park West also looks like a decent suburb for the inner south.

Camp Hill is a good area. Of course, like any area, there are better streets and streets to avoid. I know Kennington Street and if you look at a map, you will see that it could be used as a rat-run to get from Old Cleveland Road to Stanley Road, but you'll notice there are several streets that run directly between these two roads, so the wear of the rat-runners should be shared. I know two people who live in Arrol Street and I've not heard anything bad about the streets.

It seems that this is right behind (or two houses behind?) a Red Rooster and of course, Old Cleveland Road, which is a major road and carries a lot of traffic in peak hour (but not as much as "those main roads" on the northside :).

My husband keeps telling me that my idea that the northside is "full of main roads" might have something to do with the fact that when we travel to that side of town we travel on the main roads. I suppose he has a point... :)

Camp Hill is a good area. Of course, like any area, there are better streets and streets to avoid. I know Kennington Street and if you look at a map, you will see that it could be used as a rat-run to get from Old Cleveland Road to Stanley Road, but you'll notice there are several streets that run directly between these two roads, so the wear of the rat-runners should be shared. I know two people who live in Arrol Street and I've not heard anything bad about the streets.

It seems that this is right behind (or two houses behind?) a Red Rooster and of course, Old Cleveland Road, which is a major road and carries a lot of traffic in peak hour (but not as much as "those main roads" on the northside :).

My husband keeps telling me that my idea that the northside is "full of main roads" might have something to do with the fact that when we travel to that side of town we travel on the main roads. I suppose he has a point... :)

Yes camp hill is a good area. 4152 in general is good.

I wonder why they would have such an expansive deck that is basically an extension of the lounge/dining rather than add a third bedroom and have a smaller deck?

The northside traffic is horrible compared to the southside. A sunday afternoon drive on the northside takes about 2 weeks, and that's just to get through 3 sets of traffic lights.

I wonder why they would have such an expansive deck that is basically an extension of the lounge/dining rather than add a third bedroom and have a smaller deck?

I'd guess this was aimed at dinks. We are talking Brisbane - we can use outdoor areas most of the year. I didn't close our bedroom windows at all this past winter so having a large deck/outdoor area appeals to a large part of the market, especially in a property without any yard to get to.

Personally I would try and find a freehold townhouse so that way you avoid the Body Corporate Expenses.

Not thick on the ground but we have recently sourced a couple for forum clients.

Back