Inner city / lower north shore / eastern suburb

hi guys.

any thoughts on the below suburbs as an investment? landed duplex or terrace

Inner city - Alexandria, Waterloo, Refern and etc
Lower North Shore - Chatswood, Wollstonecraft, Waverson and etc
Eastern Suburbs - Kingsford, Kensington, Maroubra

i know the price varies over these few suburbs but wondering what are your thoughts on them? advantage and disadvantages?

I like the inner city due to it being really close to the CBD, new developments but the downside is the traffic and land size.

any insight or feedbacks are most welcome :)

All I can add is that the eastern suburbs will get the light rail extension which will add some more CG (I'm sure it's been somewhat factored into the price) but should see more growth upon completion.

All I can add is that the eastern suburbs will get the light rail extension which will add some more CG (I'm sure it's been somewhat factored into the price) but should see more growth upon completion.

+1. Bought there 11 months ago and couldn't be happier. Out of the 3 above I really like the 3 Easter Suburbs because of the light rail. However, prices have really moved on....
For long term I cannot see you going wrong with the above selection! That's just IMHO, others may disagree.

hi guys.

any thoughts on the below suburbs as an investment? landed duplex or terrace

Inner city - Alexandria, Waterloo, Refern and etc
Lower North Shore - Chatswood, Wollstonecraft, Waverson and etc
Eastern Suburbs - Kingsford, Kensington, Maroubra

i know the price varies over these few suburbs but wondering what are your thoughts on them? advantage and disadvantages?

I like the inner city due to it being really close to the CBD, new developments but the downside is the traffic and land size.

any insight or feedbacks are most welcome :)

Yes, those suburbsthat you mentioned are already expensive sububrs :)
but yes, if you are looking for investing, the eastern suburb is the graet area due to UNSW student likes to stay closer to the Uni and the local amenities.

Please update us here with the location that you end up with and what's the reason behind.

I know the areas well and whatever you decide to buy, make sure its not in a massive complex with high strata or new.

If you can find an older dwelling with some cosmetic reno potential that would be a great choice IMO. Problem is prices have moved a lot. If your looking at 10 years timeframe then it may be OK. Personally I believe much of Sydney is the wrong place to buy anything right now. Markets in other states offer more opportunity with less risk.

btw if you haven't already, make sure you have your whole action plan/mindset for auctions. Its a total psychological poker game between you and the auctioneer and other bidders. I have seen on many occasion bidders out bid themselves! Also I love when the auctionner says with urgent action, hand in the air. "going once, twice, three time..", Hang on, hes not even holding the gavel..hahah

Good luck!

Leo

hey Leo. thanks for the reply.

Im not looking for an apartment or townhouse so free from strata. looking for a decent liveable landed property that gives a good yield, hard to find these days. most of the places have been quite highly renovated.

haha. yes i did lose out on an auction because an auctioneer did exactly what you said! they rushed the "going once twice three times" and then "how bout i give you a moment to think about it more" damn!

hey Leo. thanks for the reply.

Im not looking for an apartment or townhouse so free from strata. looking for a decent liveable landed property that gives a good yield, hard to find these days. most of the places have been quite highly renovated.

haha. yes i did lose out on an auction because an auctioneer did exactly what you said! they rushed the "going once twice three times" and then "how bout i give you a moment to think about it more" damn!

Hi Kingy,

Yes a lot of the places have been well renovated (value added) so they can try to get a premium sale (and often they do).

It sounds like your looking for a house? I don't know your personal investment situation but if its a house in that area your looking for, whats the reason behind that?

Leo

hey Leo. ideally looking for an original or slightly renovated house chasing capital growth, also hoping to do some reno when i have extra money in the future.

kingsford sure is an expensive area john. though with my budget i will most likely not get anything there BUT its still on my search list. maybe i should wait till the craziness settles down... when will that be? lol

hey Leo. ideally looking for an original or slightly renovated house chasing capital growth, also hoping to do some reno when i have extra money in the future.

kingsford sure is an expensive area john. though with my budget i will most likely not get anything there BUT its still on my search list. maybe i should wait till the craziness settles down... when will that be? lol

Hi Kingy,

Mate I don't know your situation or where you are in building your portfolio. My honest advice would be to not put so much money into 1 asset that's like 1.5m. Too much risk into 1 asset for many reasons.

Generally speaking, it would be much better to look at breaking up the deposit into 3 and leveraging into say 3 assets and buy in a place where the market isn't at the peak of a boom like much of Sydney is in.

In terms of when the craziness will settle down.. is anyone's guess. Safe to say at least 5 years from now so I would seriously be looking into other markets that offer less risk, more chance to buy BMV and something you can add value to.:)

Good luck

Leo

When they've discovered Asbestos or Radioactive trace there lol (j/k)
or when the crime rates rising up or the area is prone to flooding due to rising sea levels in the next 50 years.

Note: As a side line, when I was going to Powerhouse museum, I saw a prediction when the sea level change effect on Sydney area for the next 100 years.

Sydney CBD will be under the water up, but some suburbs still remains:

Bankstown and Hornsby area :)

Back