Inner West? Propertunity and Jacque!

Hello Propertunity and Jacque and all Inner west buyers

I have been considering Dulwich Hill, Marrickville to invest in a two bed apartment.

Around 500,000 - 550,000 doesnt seem to buy much

What are your thoughts on Five Dock, Concord vs Dulwich Hill?

Looking at the investar report - Breakfast point has had the best growth - hardly any discussion on the suburb on this forum.

Hello

I have been considering Dulwich Hill, Marrickville to invest in a two bed apartment. Around 500,000 - 550,000 doesnt seem to buy much
Correct

See attached last 15yrs CG comparisons. All OK really.

Looking at the investar report - Breakfast point has had the best growth - hardly any discussion on the suburb on this forum.
Breakfast point units have a median price of over $700K and CG for units has been flat from 2004 to 2014 :confused:

Attachments

• BreakfastPointUnitsCG.jpg
    BreakfastPointUnitsCG.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 136
  • ConcordFiveDockDHill.jpg
    ConcordFiveDockDHill.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 139
The reason for BP growth would be the increasing prices at each development stage I'd reckon. The majority of the property reports don't factor in new developments when stating growth figures.

i bought a 2 bedder in Haberfield for $500k. Needs a renno though. Pretty pleased with my buy. They are out there, just takes time to find one. Not sure if there are any now? I got mine at auction and there were hardly any people there on a rainy saturday. Also i think the amount of work that needs to be done maybe turned people off.. New kitchen, bathroom and a paint job.. hoping it will be worth 620 when im done with it

I find Breakfast Point a little creepy. Village of the damned creepy.

Is it just me?

Yeah, and there is an Aldi store too, fits right in.

Much preferred the area when it was still Meadowbank, half 1960s flats and have abandoned industrial. But them I'm getting old and showing it.

Thanks all - great replies.

Propertunity thanks for the graphs - makes it all clear

But BP Why creepy and " different"

Please explain

i bought a 2 bedder in Haberfield for $500k. Needs a renno though. Pretty pleased with my buy. They are out there, just takes time to find one. Not sure if there are any now?

Units in Haberfield are rare as hens teeth - a couple of blocks on Dalhousie, Parramatta Rd & Wattle St but that's it.

The reason for BP growth would be the increasing prices at each development stage I'd reckon. The majority of the property reports don't factor in new developments when stating growth figures.

A lack of resale evidence does very little for proving capital growth.

Much preferred the area when it was still Meadowbank, half 1960s flats and have abandoned industrial. But them I'm getting old and showing it.

Ummm. Meadowbank has never been Breakfast Point, have a look at Cabarita.

As to your original question - not much stock available in Concord but I prefer that to Rhodes or BP, though there is no station unless you're close to North Strathfield/Concord West/Homebush/Flemington.

I like Breakfast point, My kids go to the daycare across from IGA and i only work down the road. (I don't live at Breakfast Point). Its changed a lot from when i was a kid growing up in Concord. The Marina is going ahead soon and Holdmark have bought and started demolish on the old Paint factory on Hilly St Mortlake and all of the other factories on the same side of Hilly St. (Including my office) very expensive Strata rates at Breakfast point too i have heard.

Meadowbank is going through a massive build cycle currently, my work is currently building Stage 1 of a 10 stage unit development and Meritons are now formed up ready to pour the first level of their new apartments by the ryde bridge.
Most of the warehouse space has a maximum 5yrs lease as they will be demolished and units built.

The old side of Meadowbank (Meadow Crescent) is nice, the units are dated but pretty quiet, we owned one for 5yrs made some CG after a reno and then bought a house in Telopea / Dundas.

Just my opinion but i like Concord for a unit / Townhouse, Nice area, good mix of nationalities and a up side No major shopping centre for the thugs to hang out at, but is only 10 / 15mins to Burwood.

I have been considering Dulwich Hill, Marrickville to invest in a two bed apartment.

Around 500,000 - 550,000 doesnt seem to buy much

Sadly your budget won't buy much in DH, Marrickville even Concord and FD exxy. Light rail has changed area and still value in rents for investors here. Have you considered further such as Ashfield, or even crossing the bridge to Ryde etc? Lane Cove still have the occasional sub $550K cheapie (though it's getting tougher and you do have to compromise) - the "Inner West" really needs to stretch to middle and outer for a decent 2 bedder in a quiet position these days, unless you're willing to renovate.

In your opinion is it still worth it to compromise and pick up a 2 bedder in Lane Cove for just less than 600K?

Rental yeild is not below average and I am not sure how much more capital/rental yeild growth that area can have. Especially, given the amount of new apartments that are going up there at the moment.

Lane cove s good if you don't rely on trains to commute to work and dont mind some big OTP projects around. Got a friend bought an old 2 bedders a year ago for about $540k, price might increase by now. Or you should look at Ashfield, homebush, still some 2 bedders at $550k.

Back