Inner West

hi guys. previously ive asked about your thoughts on the inner city but the prices are just way too high so im looking at more of the inner west now. what are your thoughts?

annadale, leichhardt, st peters, sydenham, botany, tempe, mascot and etc.

i know some of these suburbs are close to the airport and due to noise. how bad will it for investment? potential development plans in the future? good tenants around these areas? any other factors i should consider before looking into these suburbs?

thanks! :)

hi guys. previously ive asked about your thoughts on the inner city but the prices are just way too high so im looking at more of the inner west now. what are your thoughts?

i know some of these suburbs are close to the airport and due to noise. how bad will it for investment? potential development plans in the future? good tenants around these areas? any other factors i should consider before looking into these suburbs?

Hi Kingy,

The above areas area great but I strongly believe that the Sydney market is to hot... what is your budget and what is your goal? just to hold the property and rent out?

Kingy... I love the those locations... But as jpcashflow mentioned, the price is historically high in that area.. If you buy for investment, the yield will be very low.

I guess if you're looking to hold it for a 10-20 years period, it's ok.
Short - Mid Term growth will be pretty bleak

hey guys! thanks for responding to this thread.

jpcashflow, my budget would be just below a mill and goal is to hold the property for at least a decade while renting it out.

out of these location which one are your favourite or best for capital growth - botany, annandale, camperdown, leichhardt, st peters, sydenham, botany, tempe, mascot, enmore, newtown, roseberry? or have i missed any great potential?

mascot area seems to be abit too close to the airpot so will be noisy.

jpcashflow, my budget would be just below a mill and goal is to hold the property for at least a decade while renting it out.

out of these location which one are your favourite or best for capital growth - botany, annandale, camperdown, leichhardt, st peters, sydenham, botany, tempe, mascot, enmore, newtown, roseberry? or have i missed any great potential?

My suggestion is below:

Camperdown - due to University
Mascot - If the tenant not care much about the noise, then you don't need to worry because it is just another IP for you not your PPOR :)

Think about the long run, greater than 10 years, see this plan: http://www.urbangrowthnsw.com.au/wo...h-urban-transformation-transport-program.aspx

Read the Document here: http://www.urbangrowthnsw.com.au/do..._PROP_C2E_GlobalPrecinctOpportunity_PRINT.pdf

The inner city will become even better place to invest.

I still think Marrickville has some scope despite the craziness that has already happened. I'm curious to see how the shopping strip will have have changed in 5 years time.

Hi,

10 years at least you are realistic in terms of a time frame, what LVR will the loan be? Also just ensure your rent covers most of your repayments as well just to ensure your not eating to much of your own funds.

My preferred order of the suburbs you listed in case you are set on buying in inner west:
annadale
leichhardt
st peter
mascot
sydenham
tempe
botany

I work at Rosebery, it's undergoing some apartment developments but majority of the suburb is still houses. There's lots of well known shops that've opened or are opening really soon like Kitchen By Mike, Messina, Black Star etc. Could become another Surry Hills/Newtown area in the next few years imo.

I think you've missed the boat for this cycle.
If you're happy to hold with low yields until rents can catch up, or do a Reno then go for it.

Will Auburn be considered as Inner West or West?

Really wanna get a small unit or apartment in Auburn as the price is still affordable.... but everyone knows its cheap for a reason.

Will Auburn be getting any better in next 10 or 20 years?

Really wanna get a small unit or apartment in Auburn as the price is still affordable.... but everyone knows its cheap for a reason.

No and no.

The only thing Auburn is good for is the food.

You have probably missed the boat for investing. I would look outside of Sydney. If you really must invest in the inner west look towards the light rail line - Leichhardt, Lewisham, Summer Hill and Dulwich Hill.

Oh and it's Annandale not Annadale by the way.

Not inner west

West.
I'd say Strathfield is the outer most limit of the 'inner west' and even then people will argue that it's 'west'.

Given the proximity to Strathfield/Burwood and Parramatta, I think Auburn has room for growth/gentrification.

No way in the world is it inner west. But yes it will get better and regentrify eventually. Don't hold your breath though. Train, proximity, culture. Just gotta wait for the children of the area to grow up and buy back in.

Are you serious?

Yes, inner west like marrickville, Dulwich hills, sydnenham. The building, shops , etc feels very old dirty, road is very congested and still lots of warehouse.
North shore like Roseville, lindfield, atarmon, woolstencraft feels nicer. Lots of hills And trees.

Yes, inner west like marrickville, Dulwich hills, sydnenham. The building, shops , etc feels very old dirty, road is very congested and still lots of warehouse.
North shore like Roseville, lindfield, atarmon, woolstencraft feels nicer. Lots of hills And trees.

hence the price is already red hot burning from the RE Investment map.

Back