Inputting an IP in one years time?

W

WebBoard

Hi all,
Dumb question I fear, but I want to add an IP in PIAPpro in say one/two years time to see the impact upon my cash flow. I can add it in the year 1 column for the purchase price, but the purchase cost/outlays etc is set for the current year, which I find confusing. Is this possible, or am I misusuing the program?
With thanks in advance,
Shaggy

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

The current year is simply the default. Click on the year in the Input column and overwrite it with the year to which you refer.

Reply: 1.1

With thanks for the reply Webmaster. However, I have a personal home loan that I started this year, and as a result I would like to stagger an IP to be purchased in say 2 years time, as the numbers prevent a purchase in the same year.
But if I select say 2004 as the start date for the IP, my home loan changes to 2004 as well. You cannot have different purchasing years for the same property file?
Can you help me?
Regards,
Greg

Reply: 1.1.1

That's true. The home loan analysis feature has always been regarded as a secondary spreadsheet in the software, the focus being on the investment property analysis. In this case, I would simply simulate the investment property and adjust the amount owing in the home loan to that which would be the case at the time you purchase the IP.

Back