Insertion of </div>

OK, if this post DOESN'T have </div> at the end, it'll do my head in. If it does, the problem is definitely the Wired Marker add-on. Fingers crossed!
</div>

Problem identified

OK, Sim, the problem is if you have the Firefox Wired-Marker add-on enabled, the second and subsequent posts after starting Firefox have the </div> tags appended to the end of submissions... obvious, really, wasn't it? :p

I'm just about to report this bug to the Wired-Marker creators.

Edit: I didn't fully state the problem: I forgot to mention "only when using enhanced interface"!

So FF3 "Wired-Marker" add-on + "enhanced interface" + "second and subsequent posts after restarting FF3" = problem

Last edited:
OK, Sim, the problem is if you have the Firefox Wired-Marker add-on enabled, the second and subsequent posts after starting Firefox have the </div> tags appended to the end of submissions... obvious, really, wasn't it? :p

I'm just about to report this bug to the Wired-Marker creators.

Well done - a nice process of elimination there.

Well done - a nice process of elimination there.
Thanks... but that bit about it only happening for the second and subsequent posts after re-starting Firefox really had me going there for a while! That's a bit bizarre... well, to me, anyway! To an IT person that may be obvious, but it wouldn't have occurred to me that your first post after re-starting your browser would be any different to your other posts.... :)

Sorry to those who subscribed to this thread, or popped in because they thought such an active thread must be very interesting. Gotcha! :D

Goodonya, Tracey!!! Am afraid I would have given up after half a dozen attempts - or thrown a brick at the computer! But then, my computer and I have a 'love-hate' relationship ..... :eek:

Cheers
LynnH

Sorry, there's ANOTHER dimension to the problem that I forgot to mention, Wired-Marker: it's only when you're in "enhanced interface" WYSIWYG mode. If you go to "Quick Links", "Edit options", go to near the bottom of the options page and select "Enhanced interface". For "standard", you don't get the problem, for some reason. :confused:

This is a test post with WM 1.5 3rd

This is a test post with WM 1.5 3rd
Thank you ozperp for your help.
I changed Editor Interface to "Enhanced Interface".
</div>

Now I can see the problem.

Wow, amazing responsiveness from Wired-Marker developers. If anybody else just happens to encounter this problem, apparently it is resolved by upgrading to the newer 2.0 versions (currently experimental). (I'll find out in a minute.)

Thumbs up to Wired-Marker for customer service! :)

Hi everyone,
I am a member of the Wired-Marker development team.
Sorry for the inconvenience recent bugs on Wired-Marker may have caused you.
We do thank you for bringing them to our attention and we take action to make corrections as quickly as possible.
The problem mentioned here occurs when using Wired-Marker (1.5.08052000 or earlier) on Firefox 3.

This problem is fixed in the latest version of Wired-Marker (2.0.08071400).
So please try the newer version.

The latest version can be downloaded from Firefox Add-ons if you have an account, as it is still in the sandbox.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addons/versions/6219

If you don't have a Firefox Add-ons account, you can download from Wired-Marker website.
http://www.wired-marker.org/en/download.html

This problem also occurs when using HYPER-ANCHOR (0.1.08062500 or earlier) on Firefox3.
(HYPER-ANCHOR is one of our Firefox add-ons. It enables you to bookmark any position in a web page.)
So when using HYPER-ANCHOR, please check you are using the latest version of HYPER-ANCHOR (0.1.08071000).

The latest version of HYPER-ANCHOR can be downloaded from Firefox Add-ons if you have an account.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addons/versions/6358

If you don't have a Firefox add-ons account, you can download from HYPER-ANCHOR website.
http://www.hyper-anchor.org/en/download.html

Last edited:
Wired marker, thats impressive, lots of developers monitor where their(or their product) name appears and react violently or litigously if there is a problem,
none seem to get involved and make sure the problem is resolved.
Hi5 Kudos

Well..... I am very impressed..... ozperp's tenaciousness and wired-marker's response! :) Imagine if some other software vendors who shall remain unnamed reacted like that!!!

Cheers,

The Y-man

Back