Inspections

This is a bit of a silly question really and cant find the answe to it around here.

do you still condict a building/pest cotnral report for a new property? i would think yes but thought id check before i make a fool of myself with a conveyance or something! :)

No you do not need to do a building and pest on a new home,
However it is in your best interest to pay a private third party to do what is called a Final Hand Over Inspection.
This cost about $3-400.
They can pick up things that you cannot see.

Bear with a little longer and explain this to me....

is there a difference between a Completion/Final hand over report and the regular building report. The few explanations I have come across so far are pretty much repetitions of each other leading me to believe they are the same :confused:

Also, can anyone recommend a company that carries out this report as well as strata inspections in NSW please?

Bear with a little longer and explain this to me....

is there a difference between a Completion/Final hand over report and the regular building report. The few explanations I have come across so far are pretty much repetitions of each other leading me to believe they are the same :confused:

Also, can anyone recommend a company that carries out this report as well as strata inspections in NSW please?
There is a difference between a building report for an old house and a report for a new house just constructed.
It could possibly be done by the same person who will peruse your plans and contract and make sure you are getting what you paid for.:p

I am in QLD and there is a company called http://www.handovers.com/

I don't know about NSW,you can look at their site to get an idea of what you need.
Sorry I cant be of more help.

There is a difference between a building report for an old house and a report for a new house just constructed.
It could possibly be done by the same person who will peruse your plans and contract and make sure you are getting what you paid for.:p

I am in QLD and there is a company called http://www.handovers.com/

I don't know about NSW,you can look at their site to get an idea of what you need.
Sorry I cant be of more help.

Have you used these guys Painter??

F

Have you used these guys Painter??

F

No not personally,
But I have customers that have used them.
They seem to be very thorough in their job.
There are other companies that you can use that might suit also.

Best thing is they can study your plans and your contract from your builder (Or the new turnkey house you are buying) and find missing items that the builder might have tried to get away with.

Lists of items to numerous to place here.
Worth every cent:p

Have you got a house that is being built?

No not personally,
But I have customers that have used them.
They seem to be very thorough in their job.
There are other companies that you can use that might suit also.

Best thing is they can study your plans and your contract from your builder (Or the new turnkey house you are buying) and find missing items that the builder might have tried to get away with.

Lists of items to numerous to place here.
Worth every cent:p

Have you got a house that is being built?

Thanks for that info.....

No, I had a house recently built in SEQld. Got inspectors in for the handover, etc. Recently got the same guys back for the final 6 month snagging list.

I used guys called Pro Check and have found them pretty good.

I have heard different stories about the guys called handovers, but it is best with all these companies to try and get a recommendation from someone you know. (Word of mouth is still the best form of advertising....especially if it is positive)

Cheers,

F

Back