Inspiration!!!

What drugs is he on?

What is it with the Yanks and that gushy aspect?

They just have to pile on the cheese and the smaltz.

And a frickin god-botherer into the bargain.

Jeez us H

Has anyone ever noticed that American inspirationalism is often indistinguishable from a bipolar manic episode?

Wow that guy sure had a lot of energy!
He definitely knows how to share his enthusiasm and vibe through his words. I didnt find it as inspirational as others but it was a bit of a pump up.

I've always been more of a fan of ancient stoicism for inspiration. Thinking of the conditions and times that ancient stoicists like Epictetus, Marcus Aurelius and others lived in while they developed these philosophies is an even greater boost I guess.

Coming back to the 21st century though I think some of the most inspirational things I have seen are from everyday entrepreneurs and business people who break down exactly what it is that leads them to success. For example; I was doing a search for entrepreneurship in the Brisbane/Gold Coast area recently and found this video.

In it Ron says something about making sure your team sees and believes and is pumped up about achieveing your vision before you do anything else and then just making sure that you 'drive' for that vision after everyones on the same page.

That was profound for me. Ive been in many teams where people are reluctant or not on board and it makes it so hard to achieve something then.

Anyway, what are other peoples inspirational sources or quotes? I love a good inspiration talk! :D

Back