Insurance broker

W

WebBoard

Hi all,

We just have got back from family Xmas lunch and one of the family members I have talked to, owns the restaurant.
Well, you can imagine we talked about kids, business, holidays, health and more business...

Anyway he mentioned about insurance broker. Apparently it allows him to save lots of time on insurance matters (business it self, investment properties, share market, private insurance) . Basically, cut it short, it works same way as with mortgage broker - you tell'm what you need and they will find package to suit your needs.

I personally thought that it is very clever way of doing things, specially remembering how many questions we have asked recently on the forum about insurance products.

What do you think folks, is insurance broker the way to go?

Serge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Sergey,

I have used the same insurance broker for the last ~12 years, and he is fantastic.

Once in a while I do a ring around, just to compare, but only once in this time have I found a cheaper product available, and then only by $20, AND it seems the product the broker was proffering was a better deal due to the inclusions.

I use him for everything, including cars, houses and professional indemnity.

I hope this helps, but I feel that when you are onto a good thing, stick to it.

asy

There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Reply: 1.1

Yep. Thanks Asy.

I do feel like I'm throwing punches in the dark room with all the insurance we have.
I'm staring endlessly into glossy pamphlets they send us all the time, and the longer I look at them the less it makes sense. I even did try to read them in bed – did not help.
I might as well switch over to professional service.

Thanks Asy all the best.

Serge.

Reply: 1.1.1

Asy, can you use an insurance broker for such small policies, such as building insurance for a low-priced property? If so, I would love to get the name of your insurance broker! Shopping around for insurance is taking up so much of my time lately!
Cheers, Jacque :)

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Hi Jacque !!!

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply!!
My computer has been out of commission for a few days, and I have come back to 150 unread messages!!

I believe my insurance guy will do pretty much anything, except life insurance.

His contact details are:
Warwick Remington,
Remingtons Insurance Brokers
03 5331 7341

Please let him know you got the info from me (and no, unfortunately, I don't get anything from the referral, b4 someone asks)

I hope this has helped...

asy

There are no problems, only solutions which have not yet been discovered.

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Thanks Asy! Now if I could only be reminded as to how to pronounce your name correctly, I would be most grateful!
cheers, Jacque :)

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

Hi

I've been away on holidays so I apologise for posting so late. An insurance broker makes very good sense for many reasons including:

they do all the running around to find you the best price AND the best insurance coverage.

they are legally responsible to you whereas the local insurance agent is legally responsible to the insurance company. Yes, if something goes wrong and you are left high and dry, you have someone else to sue who has an incredibly expensive "Professional Indemnity" insurance to pay for their mistakes.

I know of an excellent broker in Melbourne if anyone wants a name. Just let me know.

Have a great year everyone!

Dale

Back