Insurance on IP - Unit

Hi All

I know there are some good threads on here about insurance but i just want to clarify I am on the right track.
We just bought our first IP & it settles in 2 weeks with tenants moving in straight away as the property needs no work before them moving in.

The property is a 2 bedroom split level unit/townhouse in a complex of 8. It has a car space & internal laundry. Strata title.

I am just wondering how we go about insurance on the property? All our other policies (our own home & contents, cars, boat etc) are with AAMI.
I am assuming the strata covers insurance for the building, & the tenants can take out their contents insurance, however what kind of insurance do we need to take out for our individual unit?

Any information would be great, & and any recommendations for insurers too.

Many thanks

I am assuming the strata covers insurance for the building,
Yes

& the tenants can take out their contents insurance,
Yes

however what kind of insurance do we need to take out for our individual unit?
Contents (curtains, blinds, carpets etc) & LL (loss of rent, malicious damage etc) only. There are enough threads on LL insurance in here already :p

Congrats on the purchase btw.

I have liability in case someone get injured within the unit... BC covers public liability for common land but not for inside the individual unit

Chris

I use EBM on my unit. Has a max amount they will cover though so with all insurance products, read the PDS.

Just double check to see what your landlords insurance will cover you for, ie fixtures, fitting, capets, built ins, kitchen cupboards etc.

Back