Insurance: Who do you use?

So I have a fairly messy set of insurances that have evolved in an ad hoc fasion over the years.

PPOR home and contents, car ctp and comprehensive (+ road membership) all with NRMA. Get a reasonable percentage discount for combining.

IP1 QLD with Alliance via insurance advisernet

IP2 SA with cant remember the underwriter atm via MGA

PPOR policy is due for review and premium has gone up substantially, possibly so much that the combined discount is no longer enough to keep me there.

Thinking this might be an opportunity to get in bed with a good broker or insurer who can see the big picture and possibly save some money combining all the policies.

Who do people use, wanting good cover (and have heard the post flood stories with suncorp seeming to be the best in that regard) for landlords policies as well as my ppor and car etc.

Wanting to see if I can maintain a good quality of cover but save some money given NRMA used to be the best price when I was younger but they have gone up so much lately.

Other info, maximum no claim on car, no recent claims on any of the others. About to lodge one on the SA property for a breakin and tennant default.

cheers

Happy to pass on the details for a good insurance broker if you like...

This may not be relevant to you, but my personal observation is that if your property is in a body corporate, it's best to get contents or landlords insurance through the same insurer as the BC uses to cover the buildings. That way if there's a claim there's no argument over who's responsible for covering it.

Happy to pass on the details for a good insurance broker if you like...

This may not be relevant to you, but my personal observation is that if your property is in a body corporate, it's best to get contents or landlords insurance through the same insurer as the BC uses to cover the buildings. That way if there's a claim there's no argument over who's responsible for covering it.

thats a great idea I never thought of that. Freestanding houses for me atm tho ;)

if you want to pm any insurance brokers through I would be very happy to look at them. Unsure what I will do at this stage but a conversation with someone in the industry is probably a good idea. Im on NSW south coast, in Sydney on occasions but I guess location doesn't really matter these days, it can all be virtual.

thanks erg,

do you find they give you discounts for multi policy?
have you had to claim yet? if so how were they?

ta

yes they give a discount for multiple policies, not sure on the exact % tho

My bike was stolen out of our garage last year, I didnt have any reciepts and just sent them a photo of me riding the bike and they paid the claim.

I like how you can adjust your premiums by changing your excess... for my home and contents I set 0 excess on contents and max excess on the home

Very good point.....

Back