Insurance

A

Anonymous

To Those in the Know,
I have just brought my first IP.It is a unit in Queensland.I have public liability insurance through the body corporate although I read somewhere that it might be a good idea to get insurance to cover weekly income of people who come on site in case they have not got there own workers comp insurance.(I know they would be very silly).Any advice would be most appreciated.
Regards

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Hi Anon
I think you may find that the body corp PL insurance only covers the exterior of the building and grounds. You may wish to take out contents insurance.Some insurers include a degree of PL insurance in these policies.
Simon

Reply: 1.1

Thanks Simon
What do you think about workers comp insurance for those tradesmen who have not taken any out or is this not my worry.If they try to sue for wages,Would that come under PL insurance.

Many Thanks

Brian

Reply: 1.1.1

Hi Anon
I hope so.
Better check it out with your insurer
Simon

Reply: 1.1.1.1

I think you'll find that it's a small cost to take out workers comp to cover yourself. There always could be that tradesman (roof cleaner, handyman, rubbish collector etc) that sues you for injury. I recall TW telling a story about a window cleaner who cut himself and wasn't insured- hence the need for the landlord to cover him/herself. Ring up WorkCover for more info (NSW no. will be able to get you onto the QLD phone numbers). Cheers, Jacque :)

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Thanks all for your help.I will check it out.

many thanks

Brian

Back