Insurance

W

WebBoard

Landlord Insurance
Date: 11/11/99
Time: 1:30:58 PM

G'day. Can anyone help with regard to Landlord insurance packages? I have one information kit from EBM 'Rent cover Plus' very expensive. Any others that other investers have used? Thanks

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
AJE

Reply: 1

Re: Landlord Insurance
Date: 11/15/99
Time: 10:58:36 AM

You could try Terry Scheer Insurance Brokers. I know they have an office in Adelaide and Brisbane. I think their policy is about $180 per year and after you have three properties insured with them I believe you get a discount on the policy cost.

Greg

Reply: 1.1

Date: 12/9/99
Time: 12:53:10 AM

I had 4 policies with EMB about 2 years ago and was a great advocate for the policies, until I had to claim on one of them. I had some tenants who damaged carpet, broke a few windows, left a pile of rubbish and left with owing about 2 months rent. EBM in processing the claim insisted that as I could not prove that all the damage happened at the same instant in time decided to apply the excess 5 times,once for each item on the claim (each item was one event) thus reducing the claim from about $4000.00 to pay out of $250.00.

I did eventually get the money but only after complaints to the insurance council and the underwriters.

I cancelled all my EBM policies.

If you do consider landlord’s insurance, check the policy wording and don’t be afraid to stand up for your rights if you have to make a claim.

Sue

Reply: 1.1.1

Date: 11/21/99
Time: 12:44:28 PM

Hi Mark, We use Terry Scheer for one of our properties and have found them very good. CGU also put out a very good Landlords Property One insurance policy which you can generally get organised through your property manager as most are agents for CGU. This is in Qld and WA that I know of, I don't have experience in other states but I think they are Australia wide. Hope this helps.

Mark

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Date: 12/11/99
Time: 3:49:07 PM

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY I WILL CHECK IT OUT

Back