Interesting article on TINY apartment

Was just reading this.. Reminds me of a place a ex-gf rented out on Elizabeth St (Flinders St end) but at least that had space for a fold up double bed :eek:

I once lived in a student accomodation studio apartment that was literally 3m x 4m including kitchen and bathroom. I shared with another girl to cut the cost of rent to half...we had a trundle bed, every night we would pull out the bed each morning pushed it back in...once the bed is out...we had about 20cm to walk from the kitchen to the desk by the window.
And that cost $260 per week not including electricity or internet!

I once lived in a student accomodation studio apartment that was literally 3m x 4m including kitchen and bathroom....that cost $260 per week not including electricity or internet!

...and on the other end of the scale, my in-laws just rented their 5,000 acre farm (with 5x2 house included) for $ 16,800 p.a. or $ 323 per week. Of course, the Tenant is about 4 months behind in his rent, apparently it's very difficult to scrape together the money....

I bet the 5000 acre farm purchase price would have been at least 3 x of that of a studio....not bad rental return for the small places in good central location! Although body corporate fees are a pain...and minimum capital growth!

Criminals in Australia have it easy...free accommodation and food! No wonder more people are committing crimes!

Criminals in Australia have it easy...free accommodation and food! No wonder more people are committing crimes!

maybe you'd prefer our prisons like texas, where lunch has been removed from the menu?

maybe we could bring back debtors prison like Dubai, where you lose your job and your passport is confiscated and you are held indefinitely until your debt is repaid, which is impossible because you dont have a passport and no one will hire a foreign national without one?

Back