Interesting inspection....

Went to an interesting inspection in Petersham,Syd yesterday - beautiful house, horrible neighbours!!

As soon as the open started, gunshots (or what sounded like them!) went off about every 30 seconds from the house next door for the entire time we were in the property. I've never seen Geoff jump that much in my life! Didn't really put two and two together until we were out the front leaving and the house next door also had middle eastern music playing at TOP volume which could be heard all the way down the entire street.

I'm thinking they weren't happy about the property being for sale?? :D

Anyone else had interesting neighbour experiences with potential purchases?

Cheers,
Jen

That's one way to get family to pick up the house next door at a bargain price.

Hmmm.... the house next door to us is for sale too :).

I personally visited my neigbours before buying my PPOR because there are too many nasty and wacko people around.

My BIL recently sold because of neighbours, and a neighbour of friends a block away from us was bailed up and asked to open the boot because she thought she hid bodies in there.

This neighbour even had the police come around to check her shed for bodies on an another occassion :rolleyes:.

hehe, we've met all the neighbours on our IP from pretty much the whole street now. Lovely friendly bunch, nosey buggers though (it is in a small town). The house immediately next door is vacant though, their almost waist high nettles are kinda dragging down the whole street.

Screeming parent

I went to a auction of a really nice townhouse a few yrs ago. 200 m to lake then on the other side was a long sandy surf beach.

Beautiful sunny day, sun glistening off the water. The auctioner starts going on about location, location, lifestyle etc. Then just as he asks for a opening bit the woman from the Govt housing next dor screams out.
Get in here yo F#*#g little S**ts. Then here and her boy friend start screaming at each other in similar english.
Needles to say the property was passed in without an offer.

To date the area still has not changed. Just gotten worse.s:eek::eek:
Gee Cee
Greg

Petersham is a really nice inner city area these days. Lots of young professionals, dinks etc with a bit of the migrant past to keep things interesting. Quite a few boarding houses around still.

And, as you would know, its not cheap.

Sounds like lebanese next door. And might be a bikie element as well, quite a few lebs are involved in the bikie scene these days (drugs, guns etc). Unusual for Petersham tho although i know the Hells Angels have a club house in Crystal St, Petersham.

Is it an IP or PPOR? If its a PPOR, forget about saving a few grand, lifes too short for that crap. Those guys play for keeps.

Petersham is a really nice inner city area these days. Lots of young professionals, dinks etc with a bit of the migrant past to keep things interesting. Quite a few boarding houses around still.

And, as you would know, its not cheap.

Sounds like lebanese next door. And might be a bikie element as well, quite a few lebs are involved in the bikie scene these days (drugs, guns etc). Unusual for Petersham tho although i know the Hells Angels have a club house in Crystal St, Petersham.

Is it an IP or PPOR? If its a PPOR, forget about saving a few grand, lifes too short for that crap. Those guys play for keeps.

It's an IP. Currently about $50k over our price range - but who knows, the gunshots might bring it into range ;)

Interesting about the biker element......

We looked at a potential PPoR on Staurday, it is currently rented and the tenant was sitting in the lounge the whole time with the Horse racing channel blaring out, rubbish all about the place .............bla bla, you know the horrer story type.
Funny thing is it was marketed as "up market, good location" etc, and 50k over the price of a much nicer home in the same street which has nice district views.

I felt for the poor REA, she did shake her head and appoligised to us.

Surely that calls for a goat?

We looked at an almost new townhouse 4 weeks ago in quite a nice suburb. The old weatherboard across the street (which has previously been sub divided with a new townhouse out the back) had 2 goats tied in the front yard eating waist high dead grass..........:D The goats leads were just long enough so they could dump goat droppings on the footpath :eek:

There were about 20 people going through the townhouse that day, and it's still on the market.

Cheers
Buddybee

My stepdaughter is renting and the place is being sold soon.

The people downstairs are crazy. They knock on her door at 11pm at night and ask her to brush her teeth more quietly. She lives alone and does not party etc. She has new carpet so takes her shoes off at the door. They say she walks to heavily. A friend visited and put her shoes back on to walk down the steps to leave. They knocked on the door telling her that her friend should have not put her shoes on until she got to the street.

That will be an interesting sale.

Back