Interesting low offer received

Il offer $100k without intervention of agent and cash sale.

If interested call me.

:)

J/Ks. I know whom would write an email like that, by a line in the offer. That is an insult. I would write and email back to the purchaser in same method saying...

"F*** OFF"

Whats the lowest offer (% of purchase price) that you have put forward and what was the result?

To answer your question, I can't work out the % but a place we bought was on the market at $99 950 and didn't sell. We put an offer in at $65000 and after 5 counter offers we paid $67500. Early 1990s, can't beat a good recession!:)

Il offer $100k without intervention of agent and cash sale.

If interested call me.

:)

J/Ks. I know whom would write an email like that, by a line in the offer. That is an insult. I would write and email back to the purchaser in same method saying...

"F*** OFF"

I was thinking the same.
"Hi, thanks for your offer. Do you like sex and travel?"

I was thinking the same.
"Hi, thanks for your offer. Do you like sex and travel?"

You're way too much of a gentleman, Rob.

I'm more subtle.
I'll simply send a photo of 3 fingers with the phrase "read between the lines".

Although you do have to give them points for trying.

Project 1080.

The project: 10 IPs in 80 mths.

We received an offer today on a property near Westmead - I thought I would like to share with you.

As you are aware the first home buyers are out in force with properties under $400k being sold in a couple of days.

We received this communication this morning:

This particular property was sold on 11/06/2009 for $295,000

We have received low ball offers in the past but never have we received an offer that was 79.5% below :eek:the asking price.

Whats the lowest offer (% of purchase price) that you have put forward and what was the result?

Collector
What was your reply!
Did you ask them to ring for a chat?
Would love to know if they had gone to any seminars?

I have previously put in low ball offers eg 10 - 15% below price but have always responded to counter offers (on blocks of land).

Bet it gave you a laugh.

To answer your question, I can't work out the % but a place we bought was on the market at $99 950 and didn't sell. We put an offer in at $65000 and after 5 counter offers we paid $67500. Early 1990s, can't beat a good recession!:)
Hehe, almost (but yours are better!) the same figures on ours last year - fun isn't it :) *cough* hope noone tries to do that to MY house ... its already priced pretty cheap.

I still want to offer 52% under asking on the house in the next street, but don't have the dosh to do it right now. Its overpriced. Badly. But there's things you could do with it at the right price - its on two titles, so would be the world's laziest subdivision, and its actually a nice sized/located bit of land that would make a good spot for a PPoR. If it wasn't so stonkingly overpriced, that is.

I swear some of the good 'lowballs' are just people getting places for what they are worth, give or take, because the vendors are a wee bit unrealistic.

Thanks for posting that collector. Makes me feel a little bit better after a REA tried to make me feel like crap today for offering unconditionally 195k for a place with an asking price of 239k that needed gutting.

At least I'm not that bad!

Cheers
Greg

What a dork. I wonder if we'll see a post on the forum soon saying "I keep making offers and agents don't even have the courtesy to reply!" :D

LOL! Errr, I had to read it twice to believe it. :eek: I have heard of "low-ball" offers but this person might actually be delusional. PLEASE tell me you contacted them, if only to find out what the ? they were thinking.

i would have strung this buyer along for weeks and wasted their time by building up their hopes that they found a sucker then dashing their bargain buy with a formal letter a month later.....even im not that cheeky when making an offer.........

Cruel and timewasting- yet I would have done so too. Gormless gits deserve to be removed from their reality dysfunction.

LOL! Errr, I had to read it twice to believe it. :eek: I have heard of "low-ball" offers but this person might actually be delusional. PLEASE tell me you contacted them, if only to find out what the ? they were thinking.

..............or what they had been smoking :p

I would've responded...

"Thankyou for showing interest in property X. Unfortunately, I have been unable to consider your offer as it has not been accompanied by a non-refundable $1,000 offer fee. Should you be successful in purchasing the home, this offer fee will be offset against the purchase price. Please rectify at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Gremlin" :p

Reply in writing:

"Dear sir,

Unfortunately we are unable to accept your generous offer to take our property off our hands.

We feel terrible that you can't raise the finance required for a residential property purchase so we have refunded the cost of the A4 paper that your offer was written on.

Attachments: 5 cents.

Yours faithfully,

Not stupid."

Gee...I thought I was being cheeky by putting in offers by 15% off the asking price!....though I must admit the most I have knocked off was 12%!

This person has some serious balls.......:p

Back