Interesting turnaround for Jenman agent...

I was checking out some new listings on www.realestate.com.au this morning, and clicked on one that looked interesting - only to discover that it's an agent I've been to and a Jenman agent at that?!!!
I've checked their agency website and it definitely says they're still a Jenman agent.
What happened to the "no advertising" policy?

Dangerous waters...

A super-mod may disagree, but as long as this thread pitches at the strike zone (as it has so far) and not the batter, then it will be ok.

Hit the batter once and the thread will probably be walked to the bin.

Mark ;)

Thanks for the observations guys.

Im suprised to have not seen him in the press lately, maybe I have just missed out :p

Hopefully some people will read it and form their own opinions based on this information ...

Im a big believer of having and open mind, embracing change and being dynamic is important for being successful....I guess

The Jenman system says most advertising is a waste of money and owners should not pay upfront for it. They do/did advocate a payment "on sale" for a marketing expense which they would describe as being for various "standard" marketing features. Until recently a local agent charged $895 on sale regardless of how long it took to sell, however they recently, after being staunch advocates for many years, also left the system and began doing open houses and other "non" Jenman activities. During the "boom" it appeared many agencies dropped the practice of "pay on sale" and many have not taken it back up again since.

Goanna's observation is interesting however. The system strongly denigrates Auction as a sale option. Are they still an agency operating under the system or have they left too? This may explain it, otherwise it is very surprising. Possibly the sellers particularly requested an Auction!!

Whilst my personal opinion is the system may not be ideal for consumers it is a very good "franchise". It's strong systems and clear and precise business procedures makes it very good for the owner. I can't say I've ever seen one go broke. I dips my lid to them in this respect :D

Kev

www.kevinhockey.com.au

I have just done some further research and it seems that they are no longer operating as Jenman agents. They now have many of their places for auction, some with "open" times, have numerous photos for each property and are lisiting a price (with those for sale) AND address - all practices they did not do before.

Interesting....

GoAnna! said:
I have just done some further research and it seems that they are no longer operating as Jenman agents. They now have many of their places for auction, some with "open" times, have numerous photos for each property and are lisiting a price (with those for sale) AND address - all practices they did not do before.

Interesting....

It is very interesting.....one minute they are slandering it and the next advocating. Does it mean they, and any others who have left and gone back to non Jenman methods, no longer believe the system works ??

It's no secret that in the past Neil has been supportive of First National as a group and had many members within. I believe in Qld now there is only 1 Jenman agency within First National. I know lots who used to be but no longer are members. Maybe they go independent but the 3 or 4 I'm thinking of remain with our group, just they operate without the system. As the marketplace gets tougher I think many changes will occur, and not just regarding this system. Thinking outside the square and having points of difference becomes all important.

Kev

www.kevinhockey.com.au

Back