Interior Painting Cost?

Hi guys,

Just got a quote to paint the interior of my 3x1. Lounge, Kitchen, Bathroom, 3 double bedrooms, toilet, hallway, doors, door trims, window trims, skirtings, ceilings etc.

The quote was $2600. Is this a good price? 2 coats throughout, including some bogwork on some small holes in walls/door frames.

House is about 100sqm.

Thanks a lot! :)

I am no expert but it sounds like a terrific price to me, I thought painting an average sized house worked out to be around 5k? and even then was a good price.

That's a tiny house if 100sqm.

That is a very good price but I suspect you'll get the cheapest paint.

Do you get a warranty or is this a cash job?

It sounds a good price... my Perth ones cost around $3k including prep & 1 undercoat with 2 top coats paint.

How would that compare to Sydney prices? I plan to use our guy to paint a 2B 1B 1G for about 90sqm....but I was just wondering what people charge as a fair price, thanks?

Hey guys. Yes this includes paint. Got the price down to $2500. Thanks for the posts, I was starting to think I was getting ripped off... I will post up some photos to show you his work.

Btw, the job has already been done. He gave me the price once he was finished. Took around 74hrs of work. Cheers

Hey guys. Yes this includes paint. Got the price down to $2500. Thanks for the posts, I was starting to think I was getting ripped off... I will post up some photos to show you his work.

Btw, the job has already been done. He gave me the price once he was finished. Took around 74hrs of work. Cheers

I hope you didnt pay him using your money, other wise its just cost you a whole lot more.

Remember wealth building is about asset 'control'.

Sounds extremely cheap to me.

Just paid the same to have a bathroom, laundry and some internal doors done.

Cheers

Jamie

I hope you didnt pay him using your money, other wise its just cost you a whole lot more.

Remember wealth building is about asset 'control'.

Sorry Rixter, can you explain what you mean by this? How else am I meant to pay him? With equity or something? I've just bought the house and cant get it revalued for another year.

Cheers.

Back