International dialing

I'm having no luck dialing into Canada.

Their ISD code is "1" so the number
1 203 *** ****
should work, shouldn't it?

Do you have to "opt in" for ISD?

For vancouver, canada

To call from Australia dial: 0011 + 1 + 604 + (telephone number)

So I'm assuming you would replace 604 with 203

source: http://whitepages.com.au/wp/diallingCodes.do

Sometims a leading zero gets dropped off - for instance someone dialling australia might need to ring 0011+11(Aust-I made that # up)+2(for 02 for NSW)+2222 2222 (the ph number)

cheaper option

hi all,

a much cheaper option - instead of dialling direct, buy one of those cheap calling cards that are available from newsagents, gift shops etc.

dial the local number on the back of that card, follow the voice prompts and then dial the international number you want.

much cheaper compared to going through your normal phone provider. the system basically dials you into a VOIP type of box and then transfers you to your chosen number via the VOIP technology - all of this is transparent to the user.

just follow the directions on the back of the card to get super cheap international phone calls from any handset.

thanks

g

Sometims a leading zero gets dropped off - for instance someone dialling australia might need to ring 0011+11(Aust-I made that # up)+2(for 02 for NSW)+2222 2222 (the ph number)

K'wrecked. Australia's code is 61... so from o.s. a Brisbane number would be 6173xxxxxxx and a mobile phone would be something like 61414xxxxxx.

If you're going to be making lots of international calls and you can get it, set up VOIP at home. It's so much cheaper. I call a friend in the U.S. on her mobile on the regular and it costs very little.

For example, I spoke to her once for just over an hour (my VOIP landline to her mobile) and it cost me 3 bucks. Cheap as chips mate!

K'wrecked. Australia's code is 61... so from o.s. a Brisbane number would be 6173xxxxxxx and a mobile phone would be something like 61414xxxxxx.

Also some countries would have different combination for dialing international instead of "0011". Ukraine, for example, has "00" as international dial.

So to dial Australia, you'd be dialing 006173xxxxxxx
If dialing from a mobile you can dial +6173xxxxxxx and it will know that it's international call, regardless of which country you are in.

Back