Internet Listings - Poor Efforts / Photos

Ha ha... can you send me a link for that one please. That is gold. Gold Jerry!

it appears to be an old listing and the link is dead.

how about this one, not only bad English, but shouting in bad English.

ADD THIS INTO YOUR INVESTMENT POFOLIO OR GREAT PROJECT FOR HANDY MAN, CONSIDERING OF BUYING A 683M2 BLOCK AND HAVE THIS HOUSE AS AN BONUS, WALKING DISTANCE TO TRAINS STATION, SCHOOL AND SHOP, LIVABLE 3 BEDROOMS, 2 BATHROOMS, HARD WOOD TIMBER FLOOR, HEAP OF PROTENTIAL SO PUT YOUR WORK INTO GREAT RETURN AND COLLECTING YOUR REWARD AND BONUS.

i love the flowers in the front yard.

I like how the tenant mowed half the front yard then went "stuff it" and left the other half.

And how their only furniture is a TV and a coffee table (complete with dirty plates).

If thats the way its treated when its on display for the world to see, I dont know many an investor who would want them to continue on.

Nice house though.

why bother with the internal photos? when i see a road side photo only i immediately think difficult tenant = negotiating room.

Here is another one of my favorites. Obviously the agent is a budding photographer and he just had to get it at the right angle to maximise its sales appeal.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-tregear-108656976

Photo 1 - thats looks ok. i reckon I can do better...
Photo 2 - hmm maybe from this angle.... no...
Photo 3 - what about this angle..... no...
Photo 4 - how about if I move 1m to the right... no...
Photo 5 - ahh there we go perfect! The vendor will be pleased with that.

This is a house I drive past most days. It is a lovely house and looks like the front yard is big, with a nice long path to the door.

The house is close to the front fence, and the photo is just so misleading.

I'm all for making a house look its best, but photos that stretch the size of a room or a yard just annoy me.

Looks like the main bedroom has been stretched a little too.

I also find this difficult when I get on the net to check out what properties are renting for, trying to find "market" rent. Things look so big that I think "my house is smaller than that" and unless I visit to see just how big the rooms are "in the flesh" it can distort the way I try to work out what is "market" value for the house I am trying to rent.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-coorparoo-107461196

Here is another one of my favorites. Obviously the agent is a budding photographer and he just had to get it at the right angle to maximise its sales appeal.

once again i notice the tenant has been so kind as not to mow the lovely flowers.

the agent was obviously following some sort of rule that there should be five pics. an uncooperative tenant again.

why is there six power lines going into the house? are the tenants running some sort of horticultural business from the place, that requires a lot of power?

I don't understand uncooperative tenants. if i was renting somewhere and the LL put it up for sale, I'd want a quick resolution.

This is a house I drive past most days. It is a lovely house and looks like the front yard is big, with a nice long path to the door.

it does look nice.

I'm all for making a house look its best, but photos that stretch the size of a room or a yard just annoy me.

Looks like the main bedroom has been stretched a little too.

unfortunately its all part of the game. one of those bedrooms looks 20m long. is that a double king bed?

kitchens and bathrooms are a give away in regards to how much Vaseline has been applied to the lens. I'm always sus of kitchen cupboards that are 3 metres long.

I also find this difficult when I get on the net to check out what properties are renting for, trying to find "market" rent. Things look so big that I think "my house is smaller than that" and unless I visit to see just how big the rooms are "in the flesh" it can distort the way I try to work out what is "market" value for the house I am trying to rent.

if at all possible i attend the rental opens to compare. you get a lot of info this way. lots of people attending, or tumble weed in the lounge room?

hearing prospective tenants comments can be gold. eg this one's the same as whylie's place, has ac and is 40 bucks more, this one is much better. etc. (cool put in ac and jack up the rent by 40 bucks, the ac will only cost 20.)

also love the fact they have crap on the lens on LH side

I love the way the description says "Its got everything".
That must be the reason they dont need to show anything else except the front of the house :rolleyes:

But it does

Photo 1 - its got a roof
Photo 2 - its also got a letterbox and a street pole
Photo 3 - theres a gumtree as well, ready to drop branches and leaves on your roof and car
Photo 4 - theres some small trees, mix of alive and dead to suit all levels of gardening (dead trees included to save non gardners the need to let them die)
Photo 5 - it has a driveway which goes to the left
Photo 6 - and it has bins too

The house is close to the front fence, and the photo is just so misleading.

That's why I lurve googlemaps, satelite version

Ahh the joys of selling a tenanted home

You're right Dave,

Selling tenanted homes is sometimes difficult sometimes downright soul destroying.

I have had tenants who make it as hard as possible for you to sell it as they want to stay in the property and with most of the laws skewed towards the tenant it is very hard to get them to clean up their act.

Totally frustrating, and often embarrassing.
You imagine turning up to a place to show it and the tenant has left it filthy and smelling of used nappies..... Even though they have said "yes I'll have it clean for you"

Back