Internet Listings - Poor Efforts / Photos

love it.

a lot of the photos showing mess, broken blinds, pets etc.. would be from the rental file, it's most likely these properties were managed by the REA and they've recently come up for sale.

slack agents still manage to sell houses though :(

Here is another one of my favorites. Obviously the agent is a budding photographer and he just had to get it at the right angle to maximise its sales appeal.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-tregear-108656976

Photo 1 - thats looks ok. i reckon I can do better...
Photo 2 - hmm maybe from this angle.... no...
Photo 3 - what about this angle..... no...
Photo 4 - how about if I move 1m to the right... no...
Photo 5 - ahh there we go perfect! The vendor will be pleased with that.

Summarised very well. These guys must be a protected species.

Oh that poor house! I hope it's found someone to love it ... someone with deeps pockets ... :eek:

Well they only paid $425,000 for it 1 week before Christmas......so I suspect it needs a MAJOR reno.;)

*edit* I just looked at the photos. Yikes!! I've seen less damage on properties at the epicentre of the 1989 Newcastle earthquake. Still $425K for what it is, is pretty good IMO.

WOW!! This is just horrendous.

We have the agent, photographer and floor plan person coming this Friday to do their thing. I will be there and I will make sure the photos are what I want. Of ALL rooms, even if not all are perfectly presented and minimalist (we have de-cluttered a lot, but still have a heap of stuff).

The agent we're with has good online ads and billboards outside properties, so we're pretty confident it'll be a good job.

There will also be a floor plan on the online ad, and an interactive floor plan on the agent's website, where people can click on the rooms and it'll show the pictures. I want many pictures from different angles.

When I, as a buyer, look at photos, I like a LOT of them. So I will provide the same as a seller. I can't believe other sellers don't check or supervise this stuff! Don't they care!?!?

i know an agent now working in the above post area, he actually took the photos himself, helped the vendor move furniture and told them what to do in the kitchen whilst he was their taking pictures

Possibly the cheapest unit in Frankston ($145k) in a poor location, the property probably sold in spite of not because of the photos

http://www.domain.com.au/Property/Sold/Apartment-Unit-Flat/VIC/Frankston/?adid=2009229834

ah - the potential. Unfortunately the photographers can usually only work with what they've got ... nothing wrong with the photos themselves - just the mess.

I've been looking extensively online lately and cannot believe how many photos their are of room corners, light fittings, bathroom walls - nothing that lets you actually "see" the room.

I've been looking extensively online lately and cannot believe how many photos their are of room corners, light fittings, bathroom walls - nothing that lets you actually "see" the room.

I'm guessing there's either a tenant present who doens't want their stuff photographed,or it's such a mess that it's better not shown!

hahahah, thats the best one yet. A view of falling off the balcony whilst drunk, and a MS Paint floorplan. I bet the vendor feels his agents 8-10k commission is hard earnt.

Not even got all of the floor plan on there & the worst thing is they're actually a nice set of apartments in a great location...it's a shame.

Last edited:
Sold for $425,000.

I love agents that advertise poorly. Purely from a buyers perspective of course.

It amazes me that these agents get listings though. Obviously not a lot of people do any research.

That's how sometimes there are properties that are listed so cheap they are grabbed the first day. Some people have no idea. It's all at your fingertips. You don't even need to leave the house to get half your DD done.

Back