Interstate Alternatives to Vic's Sec32

Hi,

I may have posted this in the wrong area and I appologise for that. I am seeking assistance in understand what different states provide to potential buyers. For example in Victoria, all buyers can obtain a Sec32 from any agent for any property for sale. However, I have found that in other states the agents do not provide this. Can anyone comment on what should be provided QLD, NSW, SA, NT, WA agents?

Thanks in advance!

In NSW to advertise a property for sale there needs to be a contract including the zoning, sewerage and title details.

Thanks JRC,

In NSW, is it simply called the contract of sale or something else. For example, in Vic we call this "Section 32".

Thanks JRC,

In NSW, is it simply called the contract of sale or something else. For example, in Vic we call this "Section 32".

I think the people outside of Victoria are wondering "what is a section 32"?

For those wondering, it is the bundle of documents disclosing various information that is required to be declared by the vendor to the prospective purchaser - eg easements, flood zoning etc.

Cheers,

The Y-man

Thanks Y-Man.

I should have done that. In Victoria the Basic information in the Section 32 is:

-Statutory warnings to the purchaser
-Vendor’s details
-Title details
-Information regarding building permits issued in the past 7 years
-Particulars of owner-builder warranty insurance
-If the vendor is the owner-builder who completed building works there should be a written inspection report (which lists any defects) in the Section 32
-Particulars of any mortgages or “charges” over the land (i.e. debts charged against the land)
-Information regarding covenants, easements and any other restrictions on title (whether or not they appear on the title)
-Planning information, particularly where zoning restricts land use
-Information regarding outgoings payable by the owner of the property
-Disclosure of any notices or orders issued by the authorities, regarding fencing, road-widening, sewerage etc...
-If there is access to the property by road
- Information on services connected to the property.

Back