interstate qld buying questions

hi all,

I have read old posts, but had couple of quick questions:

1) in Brisbane/qld they do not supply sewer diagram. if buying with view to build something at back. do you get sewer diagram with ur solicitors help or pre order via council?

2) can anyone recommend a good conveyancer for Logan/Brisbane area. my Sydney one does not do interstate purchases.

3) if buying in logan, with view of auxiliary unit in future. does the land being in bushfire prone zone, adds significant costs for build?

4) if draft lep gets approved, how will approval for auxiliary units proceed, via council or private certifiers?

Thanks

somerhut

Hi there,

I'm not much help for 3 of your 4 questions but regarding a good solicitor/conveyancing business that services the Logan area; I can offer a recommendation. I'll PM you :)

hi all,

1) in Brisbane/qld they do not supply sewer diagram. if buying with view to build something at back. do you get sewer diagram with ur solicitors help or pre order via council?

Open up a dial before you dig account it's free, just write down a trade and when it asks for a reason write swimming pool installation quote for installing electricity or something similar.

You highlight the property and surrounding ones in a circle and you'll get sewer, stormwater, gas, electricity all emailed to you within 24-48 hours.

And it's all free, great tool for assessing is something is a clean block way before getting to offer stage. Also great to have that info before negotiating a price. Using the info to say things like I couldn't install a pool etc dis to stormwater etc.

hi all,

2) can anyone recommend a good conveyancer for Logan/Brisbane area. my Sydney one does not do interstate purchases.

3) if buying in logan, with view of auxiliary unit in future. does the land being in bushfire prone zone, adds significant costs for build?

4) if draft lep gets approved, how will approval for auxiliary units proceed, via council or private certifiers?

Thanks

somerhut

1. searches from council but that costs. Visit 1100.com.au register as property owner for excavation purposes and it is free. (costs me money as a solicitor to do)

3. yes or no, depending on location, separation etc.

4. private certifier

Back