Intro and Brisbane

I?ve been lurking for a year or so now and I thought it was about time I started posting. This is a great forum with so many inspiring success stories. I also think it?s commendable that the vast knowledge and experience that many of you possess is being freely shared with others. Great to see people be so generous.

I currently have one PPOR and four IP?s (all in Perth). Before I started regularly checking out this forum, I thought I was being pretty smart about the whole property investing thing. Turns out, after reading many of your posts, that I?ve made a few mistakes along the way. Obviously I?m not quite as smart as I thought! Anyway, I?m not the kind to dwell on the past. Keep learning and just get better.

As all my properties are in Perth, in 2015 I?d like to diversify and buy in a different state. Many posts I?ve read lately point towards Brisbane. I?ve been looking at the Mt Gravatt / Holland Park / Camp Hill area. I?m looking for CG and will probably want to spend in the region of $500k - $600k. If anyone thinks I?m off the mark with these suburbs, please let me know. I?m not too familiar with Brisbane but plan to visit within the next three months to try to get a better idea.

I just wanted to introduce myself. I?ve had many questions and comments over the past year or so and I?m sure I?ll jump in from time to time now that I?ve registered. Obviously, I?m also happy to share my experiences.

Just FYI ? my PPOR is in Winthop and my IP?s are in Success, Kardinya and two in Spearwood (subdivision a couple years ago).

Cheers
Andy

Hi Andy

Welcome.

Re Brisbane, I don't think you would go too far wrong with those suburbs. They are good suburbs. I know Mt Gravatt (not Mount Gravatt East or Upper Mount Gravatt) has gone particularly well of late and shows no signs of abating.

Good luck.

Ben

I?ve been lurking for a year or so now and I thought it was about time I started posting. This is a great forum with so many inspiring success stories. I also think it?s commendable that the vast knowledge and experience that many of you possess is being freely shared with others. Great to see people be so generous.

I currently have one PPOR and four IP?s (all in Perth). Before I started regularly checking out this forum, I thought I was being pretty smart about the whole property investing thing. Turns out, after reading many of your posts, that I?ve made a few mistakes along the way. Obviously I?m not quite as smart as I thought! Anyway, I?m not the kind to dwell on the past. Keep learning and just get better.

As all my properties are in Perth, in 2015 I?d like to diversify and buy in a different state. Many posts I?ve read lately point towards Brisbane. I?ve been looking at the Mt Gravatt / Holland Park / Camp Hill area. I?m looking for CG and will probably want to spend in the region of $500k - $600k. If anyone thinks I?m off the mark with these suburbs, please let me know. I?m not too familiar with Brisbane but plan to visit within the next three months to try to get a better idea.

I just wanted to introduce myself. I?ve had many questions and comments over the past year or so and I?m sure I?ll jump in from time to time now that I?ve registered. Obviously, I?m also happy to share my experiences.

Just FYI ? my PPOR is in Winthop and my IP?s are in Success, Kardinya and two in Spearwood (subdivision a couple years ago).

Cheers
Andy

HI Mate,

The suburbs around HWP and including HPW should be good for medium to long term CG (my prediction, no crystal ball of course). Really most houses within a 10km radius of the CBD that is not flood affected should be a good medium to long term investment. Personally I would go for at least 3 bedroom on a block at least 600sqm in size. Something you can add value to, so not buying all renovated. If you can get something with subdivision potential then your on a massive winner but its getting very hard to get those now at decent prices.

Good luck

Leo

HI Mate,

The suburbs around HWP and including HPW should be good for medium to long term CG (my prediction, no crystal ball of course). Really most houses within a 10km radius of the CBD that is not flood affected should be a good medium to long term investment. Personally I would go for at least 3 bedroom on a block at least 600sqm in size. Something you can add value to, so not buying all renovated. If you can get something with subdivision potential then your on a massive winner but its getting very hard to get those now at decent prices.

Good luck

Leo

Thanks for the replies Ben and Leo. In Perth, some suburbs are under consideration for re-zoning to allow for more property development. Are you aware of any local councils in the Brisbane area currently reviewing their residential zoning for similar reasons?

Back