Intro and cry for help

Hi guys,

We just wanted to introduce ourselves, give a tiny back ground, and ask for some advice.

We recently invested in a company, who, basically robbed us of a lot of money.:mad:

This money was intended to be used for property, and the initial investment was meant to help with that.... nevermind.

Long heart breaking saga cut short - we are now in a very sticky position, with no real capital and desperately wanting to get in to IP's. With the above venture being our first investment here, and it ending so badly, we're a little scared to invest again to say the least, but really want and need to.

We were wondering if any one here had done Hans Jakobis program and if so what they thought of it/what success/problems you had?

Your help is appreciated!

The Hopefuls :)'

Hi hopeful and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your situation, I think alot of us have had exposure to similar 'robberies' at one time or another. It leaves a sour taste in your mouth for a while but your up and moving forward - that's the main thing.

I've not had any dealings with the Hans Jakobis program but I'm sure I've seen it mentioned here a few times. If you click on the 'Search' function at the top of the page you can type in keywords and it'll search for past entries where they've been mentioned. The 'Advanced Search' function can then help you break it down if there's a number of responses.

All the best. :)

Have you been to the Police and/or ASIC about this company that robbed you? I have a contact at ASIC if you need it. He is an investigator - email me if you like and I can forward your details to him with the story.

I suggest you don't bother doing any of those courses. They are designed to make money but not for you.

Read here. Read books. Buy an IP yourself. Keep it. Repeat.

Don't chase get rich quick schemes. Just plan to keep buying properties for the next 10-20 years and you cannot avoid but be wealthy. Forget the cycles of the market. Just remember that when the market is down the properties are cheapest. As you are a buyer for the medium term then you want it down as long as possible.

Sheep wait until the market is hot before they venture in. The more cautious buy at the top because then they are sure that you can make money. Don't be a sheep.

Hope this helps.

Hi guys,

We just wanted to introduce ourselves, give a tiny back ground, and ask for some advice.

We recently invested in a company, who, basically robbed us of a lot of money.:mad:
Welcome to the forum,i know nothing about Mr Hans Jakobis only that i can buy his books at the local salvos-oop book shops for 2 bucks or less ..
But i'm more interested in the Business you were in and why you lost money

It's a bit late to say,I never should have trusted anyone,or i should have known better,just work out HOW to get your money back without employing a Silk Wig ,and don't take NO for an answer..willair..

Perhaps the lesson here is that the cost to hand over decision making to others can be very costly indeed. You can either choose to do research on property or research the person who is going to find that eproperty. Either way you have to be actively involved ad buying it youself can be a lot cheaper because there is no middle man!

Mr J has exposed a lot of people who are shonky operators.

But then, I have my doubts that anybody mentioned by Mr J is all bad. There are members of this forum who wear the Jenman disapproval badge with pride.

I have no opinion about Mr Jacobi. Except that if anybody promises a lot without doing the hard yards (eg, saving for a deposit) there may be a problem.

I would hope that he doesn't do this, and that he doesn't promise a "get rich quick".

HI there Geoff
Hans doesn't promise a get rich quick scheme - he is similar to Steve McKnight in that he encourages people to look at cash flow positive deals. His more recent programs are more into value adding to improve cashflow. For example, perhaps buying a bigger property and turning it into two properties which will improve the cashflow of the property.
I don't believe he is a shonkster - or people like Dale Gatherum Goss and Dympha Boholt wouldn't have appeared on his DVD's. His course is not just about property but considers your whole financial plan - looking at the property context. He advocates giving back to the community once you have made your wealth. His children are already into helping the community - so sorry Mr Jenman you got it wrong!
thanks

Before you spend a lot of money on high priced courses. Read the forum, read as many books as you can & then, if you still feel the need consider the course, but bear in mind that the $$ you spend on a course could be your deposit for your first IP. If you think that Hans Jacobi is the only person with the information you want, then check out E-Bay, or other places where you can get the same information for much less cost.

What Simon said!

Having read this far down the thread, go back and read Simon's third post. That sums it up really. Oh, and when you've done that, give him a kudos for his sage words too. He really is champion of the underdog...

I want to be like Simon!!

:D

Michael.

jenman

how topical - did anyone see australian story last night - you can probably download it from the abc website if you missed it - fancy having to lock yourself in at night with security in the garden - a great life?

how topical - did anyone see australian story last night - you can probably download it from the abc website if you missed it - fancy having to lock yourself in at night with security in the garden - a great life?

Don't knock NJ

He's a wonderful man, he says so himself :rolleyes:

Dave

I watched the program and thought that it was well balanced for A-S ,but it just goes to show what sort of people work in the real estate industry,there is nothing worse then some flash in the pan R-E agent who can't even lie straight in bed,mix that with ego and you have a problem...willair..

Wow!

:D you guys are great! We expected the response to be a little slow.... but not at all!

You guys all have great advice. Simon, we were wondering if we could do something like that, but are so new at all of this, and frightened, that we have basically taken the advice "accept it, move on".

I will contact you and get your contacts name... that's excellent! If anything, one of the directors of the company we invested (who is also a property developer) would be an easy fish to catch. From those who have dealt with him in this area, including us, the opinion is his business is built on a house of cards - and he's a shark. So badly want to say who he is and what the company name is... but might just wait a little.

Skater - you hit the nail on the head, that small amount of money spent on the course could very well be our first IP.

Anyway, it looks like we have a lot of study to do here, and do what we do every where else in our lives - make the decision ourselves!

Thanks to those who posted links, off to read them now.

The Hopefuls

Y-Man,

May very well be the same man, I'd love to find out who it was who did that, the amounts sound the same, the deal sound the same.... Hmmm....

Back