Intro - new member from Brisbane

Hi,

I just wanted to introduce myself.

I firstly just wanted to say what a great site this is guys. Well done on building such a wealth of knowledge. There are obviously a lot of people who freely give their time contributing.

I'm in my late 30's and my wife and I have recently decided to enter the ranks of property investors. Over the past 2 years I've read a few investment books to feel comfortable with the very basics but know we have so much to learn. I've already spent a lot of time on this site reading but plan to start posting a little more.

We been procrastinating a little over the past 6 months but today we decided to set a goal to purchase our initial IP in the next 2-3 months in the Brisbane area, with the view to buy a second soon after that once we dip our toe in the water.

Looking forward to learning much more, and possibly establishing some contacts.

Regards,
Lenny

Welcome. It is an outstanding forum, you just won't find this level of knowledge anywhere else.

Have you got a plan for the type of investment?

PS your username is about to get cheaper once the grey import rules change.

Welcome. It is an outstanding forum, you just won't find this level of knowledge anywhere else.

Have you got a plan for the type of investment?

PS your username is about to get cheaper once the grey import rules change.

Hi Darryl. I have a few ideas which at this stage are fairly conservative. I've just created another post documenting strategies just to help me understand my options.

As I said we're in Brisbane and wish to initially purchase in Brisbane mainly because we think there is still some good properties available, but also because we're relatively comfortable with the area. We'd really like the first in Brisbane but subsequent properties can be anywhere though.

I was initially looking at Logan because of the attractive yields and average capital capital gain predicted, however I also like the idea of buying townhouses in or around satellite cities for hopefully a better capital gain and (should I say it) the better quality tenant. A yield of 7%+ and decent capital gains is what I'm aiming for at the end of the day, but hey I guess everyone would say that :p

We'd like to buy 2 probably in the first 6-12 months and another 3 anywhere from straight away to a few years after that, and so on... Buy and hold appeals to us, but we'd like to be dynamic and talented enough that if we come across an opportunity for short term cap growth that we will recognise and act on it. A lot of it will be based on how we settle into the journey and our comfort factor.

PS - I hope so, its been ridiculous for so long paying double what most overseas countries pay.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

The general vibe i get is that the forum has a lot of positive mature members (eg. adults). I wouldn't have joined if this wasn't the case.

Welcome to the good ship SS forum. Setting 'sale' to your dream destination.

The key to your success will be keeping the dream alive.

:)

Back