Introducing myself

Hi all,

(I hope I'm posting this in the write place)

My name is Andrew and I've been following this forum for a few months now.

I'm currently in the market to begin my property investment journey and so I have been avidly reading the valuable info available on this forum. Thank you to each and every one of you who continue to contribute such valuable info.

I look forward to talking with and perhaps even contributing here in the future.

Cheers for now.

Andrew

Welcome Andrew !

Am sure you will find your time here informative and productive. The stuff you will read here is invaluable but taking action is paramount !

Enjoy the property journey !

Amelia

Welcome to the right place Andrew..
How can we help you?

Throw any questions and I'm sure everyone happy to help you grow in your investment journey.

Welcome Andrew, will your first IP be on the Gold Coast?

Andrew, welcome aboard the good ship SS forum...setting 'sale' to your dream destination.

What and where to buy is dependent upon your chosen investment strategy.

You see property is merely the vehicle. The strategy is how you intend driving that vehicle.

Unfortunately the mistake I see newbies and sometimes not so newbies is that they are property focused instead of strategy focused which is like putting the cart before the horse.

Property investing is not about property rather about the strategy and the way you intend to use the vehicle to get to where you are wanting to go. No good buying a small shopping car if you intend driving interstate on a family holiday.

What strategy/s are best for you is determined by where you are wanting to go, the time frame you want to get there in and how hands on along the way - all based around your personal risk profile.

I hope this provides some food for thought.

What is your chosen investment strategy?

Welcome!

You'll learn A LOT here and of course, after your first purchase. Keep checking into Somersoft along the way for information on suburbs, strategy, loan, finance information, etc. There's some real gems here. I joined early last year and the difference between what I knew then and now is vastly different for the better.

All the best!

Thanks for the warm welcome's!!

Welcome Andrew, will your first IP be on the Gold Coast?

What is your chosen investment strategy?

I'm not particularly interested in investing in the Gold Coast. Although Upper Coomera/Coomera area is somewhat appealing given its planned developments.

From what I've read on here of late, I'm interested at looking into dual occupancy houses around the Logan/Slacks Creek area.

As for investment strategy - End game is to achieve financial freedom. So to achieve this I want to invest in properties (houses in particular) that will have good capital growth but also minimal -ive cash flow.

I'd like to add value either by renovating or developing but the latter is for years down the track.

Cheers,

Andrew

Sounds great Andrew.

What income per annum did you work out your financial freedom point to be and what date have you attached to having reached it by?

In today's terms, say $50k-80k net profit (before tax).

I'd like to reach this target by 2030.

I'm yet to determine how much in terms of value of properties I'd need to achieve this goal in this time frame.

Can anyone pass on their wisdom with regard to calculating/guesstimating this? Or put me in the right direction if this has already been discussed?

Cheers,

Andrew

In today's terms, say $50k-80k net profit (before tax).

I'd like to reach this target by 2030.

I'm yet to determine how much in terms of value of properties I'd need to achieve this goal in this time frame.

Can anyone pass on their wisdom with regard to calculating/guesstimating this? Or put me in the right direction if this has already been discussed?

Cheers,

Andrew

Andrew, are you receiving my free Property Investing / Wealth Building Tools as per the link in my signature below?

There is a tool for calculating what you're asking for, plus more.

I hope this helps.

Andrew, are you receiving my free Property Investing / Wealth Building Tools as per the link in my signature below?

There is a tool for calculating what you're asking for, plus more.

I hope this helps.

Yes I certainly am. I haven't come across that particular tool yet. But will keep an eye out.

Very handy tools received so far however.

Back