Introduction to Black Swan RE

I honestly do not have the answer, as I have never owned a business on the east coast, I can't give you direct caparisons.

Sorry but the answer for this time old question will not be found here either.

We have all ready been cautioned for self promotion, posting our fees will be doing the same, we do not want to upset the Admins of this group any more than we have.

Our fees are middle of the road compared to others in Perth, we are neither the most expensive nor the cheapest.

We have all ready been cautioned for self promotion, posting our fees will be doing the same, we do not want to upset the Admins of this group any more than we have.

Our fees are middle of the road compared to others in Perth, we are neither the most expensive nor the cheapest.

Don't forget that you are allowed to post a link to your website in a sig if you wish to do so.

You may choose to mention fees in the website.

Have you looked at the other issues raised about your site?

I honestly do not have the answer, as I have never owned a business on the east coast, I can't give you direct caparisons.

Sorry but the answer for this time old question will not be found here either.

I didn't mean to be all pitchfork-y.

Just off the top of my head, I don't think there are any regular PM contributors on the forum from WA - so it will be good to get some insight from someone local and on the ground.

This isn't aimed at you, but I have found that eastern states PMs are both cheaper and more professional. I haven't been able to figure out why exactly, but it might be a training issue.

Sorry, we don't have the answers either.

We are happy to give advise on WA based problems, but that is where our expertise ends at the border.

When almost anyone can "get in to real estate" these days, and people are running rent rolls from their own homes, the variation in service, professionalism and fees is massive, but I can't explain either why a Brand Name agent in Rockingham can charge a flat all inclusive fee of 10% run and office and be financial.

Opposed to a PM with a Triennial running a rent roll from the spare bedroom charges 9.5% plus all the other fruit and refuses to reduce her fees for anyone because she says she is better than the rest.

Everyone thinks their point of difference is worth more, adds more value, or will attract more clients.

From someone 20 years in the industry, I personally think all that is just the trappings, the real work is done by the PM, and tired over worked PM's do a less than average job.

While under worked PM's can get complacent and lazy.

Finding a PM who cares, takes real ownership and will be still working for that Agency the week after you sign up, that's the PM you want.

That's what you are paying for, the job done right the first time so you don't have to worry about it, calls returned and accountability, fees and flash marketing will not tell you any of this.

As for training, sigh, don't get me started, attending CPD courses proves that you can lead a person to knowledge but you can't make them think.

Opposed to a PM with a Triennial running a rent roll from the spare bedroom charges 9.5% plus all the other fruit and refuses to reduce her fees for anyone because she says she is better than the rest.

If I could somehow qualify for a triennial, I would be doing this and charging something like 5%.

And I'm pretty sure I could do the PM thing better than most.

Back