Introduction to Black Swan RE

Here we go, to step where Angels fear to tread and to swim through unknown waters.
Putting ourselves out there as an Agent on a forum where clearly some people just love to hate Agents and PM's alike.

That's OK, we actually don't blame people, when you get burnt you tend to not want to go any where near that flames again.

We are a small boutique agency based in Landsdale WA.

Last edited by a moderator:
So.....did you join the forum to contribute, or to advertise your services? because from where I'm sitting this whole post (your first one) is entirely an advertisement of your services.

Totally fair comment Skater, but we are here to help, and will contribute, however wanted to declare from day one that we are an Agency, and not be sneaky about it or be thought to only be here to mine for business.

That's why our user name is clear who we are also.

Our approach is always honest and ethical in all actions.

We will NOT be PM?ng people to pimp our services either.

So.....did you join the forum to contribute, or to advertise your services? because from where I'm sitting this whole post (your first one) is entirely an advertisement of your services.

I too am skeptical for the exact reason skater mentions above.

I guess as time goes by if/as post count and content quality increases then skepticism may subside.

In the mean time welcome aboard.

Last edited:
I've removed a big piece of your original post as we have a strict no self promotion policy.

I'd suggest that, if you want to stay around, that you contribute positively to the forum without actively promoting yourself.

You are allowed a link in your sig.

The thread may still be removed- that's still up for discussion.

we actually don't blame people, when you get burnt you tend to not want to go any where near that flames again.
Welcome to the site,i don't think many in here have been burnt by "RE" investing time fixes most bad mistakes,but when you make a statement like that it may be hard to convince anyone in this site of your achievements..

We work closely with Private Landlords locally who have in deed got some horror stories to tell, that is where that statement comes from.

We hope never to be the cause of some of those horror stories :)

Just thought i would add to this post now that i have read it all and got nothing from it.

but for any other investor that did read all the way to the bottom of this post

check out this article i found on Here 20 things the Rich do every day. how many do you do?

just ticked off number 10

Got any insight you can share into why PM costs in WA are so high?

Brilliant question thatbum.

Apart from that, nice and pretty website though Nathan Ejindu picture looks funny. Main issue though is that it provides no information on property management.

Do WA PMs have higher overheads than other states? Or is just 'because'?

I would hazard a guess that it's 'because they can'.

In fact it's one reason that keeps me from even looking at IP's in WA. Landlords have enough overheads without Agents helping themselves to a large part of the rent.

Well our introduction has taken a Swan Dive...

Prices in WA compared to over east, legislation in WA versus over East, Agents Commissions in WA versus over East, where do you stop comparing, or do you just accept that sadly Australia is made up of separate states versus being one Country with one set of rules.

We are different, right or wrong, and its a service pay industry, if you don't want the service then you don't pay, the good news is you are free to shop around for the fees that suit you.

There are Agents who do offer a flat all inclusive fee of 10%, there are others who's fees end up being a lot closer to 20%.

I'm not telling you all anything new there.

It's one of those industries where it is impossible to please everyone all the time.

Really fees are not the real concern (of course they matter), its the person doing to day to day supervision, are they over worked, do they actually care, is it just a job or a career, how do they treat tenants, do they have a real passion for the industry.

Really fees are not the real concern (of course they matter), its the person doing to day to day supervision, are they over worked, do they actually care, is it just a job or a career, how do they treat tenants, do they have a real passion for the industry.

There are a number of PMs in the East that have a passion, treat it as a career and who care but still only charge 5.5%. Even the boutique guys in the East charge 8.8% max. So why the disparity with the West?

Back