Investar. Worth the money?

Does anyone use Investar? I just listened to a webinar for the hell of it and thought it might be worth a try. Or am I just getting suckered into something that I could just as easily do myself? (That last question needs to be answered by someone who has actually used it)

I have it. I use it each week. I am in the market every week, so its worth it for me. Occasionally I find properties that "slip through the cracks" and aren't listed on re.com.au or might be on for sale by owner websites etc. Often I find it causes me to wast time calling about dead listings so it can be very annoying too. It can also be useful for finding certain types of properties or yield profiles. It is expensive though. What are your plans? Just 1 property purchase in the near future or many?

I have it. I found it very good for what i wanted and to learn my markets. The valuations were very handy. The best value is the price you get it for after the fast track membership is up. heavily reduced.

I have mine on hold atm until i am ready to start looking again and they have some new tools coming out soon and an android app finaly.

Depends what you want out of a resource like this. maybe rpdata or pricefinder will do the job you want? worth looking into further

Yeah it depends what you want it for. I have price finder too and if I was just wanting some mapping and comparable data for a couple of purchases each yr for less money it would take the pick as its also very easy. For me I need both.

Does Investar just access resources out there on the net and group it together in one handy, user friendly place...or does it do it's own thing?

Does Investar just access resources out there on the net and group it together in one handy, user friendly place...or does it do it's own thing?

Its main feature would be its search engine. Can search listings anyway you like ie location, strategy, yield, zoning etc. and searches all realestate sites pretty much. The apm valuation tool is good to. Bit somethings could be better.

Yep what ACE said.

Its major sales pitch is the time sell and ability to use 1 searching tool to target certain kinds of properties, yields, strategies by keywords hidden in listings across the 30 or so property search engines out there so its a time saver.

Most people never get past realestatedotcomdotau and there are a small but real number of listings that are never seen except on the smaller sites.

I used Investar for a bit. It's good but a bit pricey on a casual plan. The good thing is you don't have to be locked in if you want to try it out for a month.

There are properties that don't get picked up by Investar or it suddenly changes. E.g. I found an awesome property on Investar in the morning and when I looked into it in the evening, the price became N/a. However the Domain listing still had the price. I monitored for a week on both Investar and Domain and noticed that Investar never went back to the price listed on Domain. That got snapped up but it did give me doubts on Investar as to whether there is some hanky panky going on for outstanding deals. They probably doing a data wash every day because it is a Garbage-In Garbage-Out (GIGO) system.

As a result of GIGO, another issue is that it picks up whatever is listed on the selling website. So seen plenty of data error mistakes like units being classified as houses, and your Investar search results for houses will therefore show these wrong listings.

On the positive side, I think its great for doing your research on Areas of interest.

I wouldn't rely on it for my sole source of research though.

I used Investar for a bit. It's good but a bit pricey on a casual plan. The good thing is you don't have to be locked in if you want to try it out for a month.

There are properties that don't get picked up by Investar or it suddenly changes. E.g. I found an awesome property on Investar in the morning and when I looked into it in the evening, the price became N/a. However the Domain listing still had the price. I monitored for a week on both Investar and Domain and noticed that Investar never went back to the price listed on Domain. That got snapped up but it did give me doubts on Investar as to whether there is some hanky panky going on for outstanding deals. They probably doing a data wash every day because it is a Garbage-In Garbage-Out (GIGO) system.

As a result of GIGO, another issue is that it picks up whatever is listed on the selling website. So seen plenty of data error mistakes like units being classified as houses, and your Investar search results for houses will therefore show these wrong listings.

On the positive side, I think its great for doing your research on Areas of interest.

I wouldn't rely on it for my sole source of research though.

Yep, all those anomalies are there. And they are annoying. I paid for 2 yrs so I will keep it and to be fair I still find some value in it. Def not a standalone product for industry though.

Back