Investing in Carrum Downs - VIC

W

WebBoard

Hi Everyone,

We are looking for any help we can get on the suburb of Carrum Downs. It is between Frankston and Dandenong approx. Has any one bought there?. live there?. What sort of growth can we expect? etc. The more info the better.

Thanks in Advance

Ian Redman

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

On 4/8/02 10:56:00 AM, Ian Redman wrote:
>Hi Everyone,
>
>We are looking for any help we
>can get on the suburb of
>Carrum Downs. It is between
>Frankston and Dandenong
>approx. Has any one bought
>there?. live there?. What sort
>of growth can we expect? etc.
>The more info the better.
>
>Thanks in Advance
>
>Ian Redman

Yeah my parents live there, it will be huge in about 20 years, the prices are getting up there but it will take time
Ambition is the lock motivation the key

Reply: 1.1

The only problem that I know with Carrum Downs is the lack of public transport. The only type of public transport is bus. I suppose if you buy near a bus stop it should alleviate that problem.

Frankston and Dandenong have train lines for city bound workers. Frankston trains run about every 20 minutes normal times and every 10 in peak hours.

Reply: 1.1.1

It should be big in the future, but who really knows. It seems to me that Frankston should be big (new freeway, on the bay), but it hasn't really happened and I recently read that Frankston may well become a ghetto of the unemployed. Sometimes a suburb takes on a certain demographic or socioeconomic flavour and it doesn't really shift.

I guess I'm just saying be careful, as it might take many years, and who knows, it may never happen at all.

Good luck
Gail

Reply: 2

Hi Ian,

if you look for capital growth I would say Carrum and its neighbouring suburbs on the beach are a better bet. Carrum Downs may be a place to get a better rental yield as prices are lower.
Iris

Reply: 2.1

Hello there I live in Skye, it is a neibouring suburb of Carrum Downs. When I first starting investing I didn't give Carrum Downs a look in. Over the last 2 years it has had great growth. Eg median prices for a 3 bed(garage) clean property 2 years ago were $125-135000 now they are up about the $170-185000. Geographically it has Skye to the east Frankston North to the south and Seaford to the west. Problem with anything closer to the bay is that they are all over $200K mark now and older properties. Carrum Downs has a very low vacancy rate well below melb ave. good rates and good tenants also. It does lack transport, that will never be rectified only a regular bus system. It is close to S.E freeway and the Frank. freeway. But it has schools and child care centres and a new high school just built and another in the works. The construction of the new sandhurst golf estate should have a + effect on prices also. In general all the house and land packages in the area are from about $195k-$250k so existing newer properties are a bargain as there are not many houses left in the S.E corridor that are 7 min drive to the beach for under $200k this is my opinion why prices will continue to increase at least for the net 2 years or so. Hope this helps. If you want any other information on the area pls email me i will even inspect a property for you if u wish as we are always looking in the area. [email protected]
Regards
James Doherty.

Back