Investing in Dulwich Hill?

I second what NeK says. I live in Dulwich Hill, and would be very cautious about anything on New C Road. Too much traffic noise. I have also seen them sit on the market for a long time.

IMO, the north side of Dulwich Hill, near Lewisham station, and around where Angela was looking to buy, is a better part of the suburb. Some parts of the south side, which is the end near Dulwich Hill station doesnt have as nice a feel to it.

The suburb is quite varied, I think its worth making a trip to come and have a look at the place, even if you are interstate. Eg there was a nice 3br house on the net but when you go to view it, you realise its on a street with a scruffy block (broken windows, run down etc) a few doors down. Other streets are lovely and have a good feel.

One thing to look out for is parking. Some new complexes have gone up recently and many have 2 bedrooms and 1 carspace only. I've noticed the on-street parking has become a nightmare in the past few months. If buying an apartment, especially if its on or close to a main road and shops, definitely get something with parking.

On the whole, it has had good growth, and good rental income

Back