Investing in highfields, QLD

I am a first time property investor and looking at Highfields near Toowoomba. I was after any opinions of the area from fellow investors and also insight from any locals... socioeconomic groups in the area?.. places to avoid?..oversupply?..rental demand?..any info would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers :)

Hello Adz,

Highfields, as you may well know, is a micro-community onto itself about 15minutes from Toowoomba, that virtually 'popped up' from a few farms that were finally allowed to subdivide. It is 2000s plus builds mainly, with a lot of typical 4bed/2bath/2garage on a quarter acre, into the $400K's. There are of course cheaper and more expensive places, as per usual. Typically, prices have steadied and now dropped, as so much of the Toowoomba district has. Entry prices are THE HIGHEST for the region, which could be a good or not so good thing. I personally love Toowoomba, have written more on it here.

Highfields is a stable investor burb; just like hundreds of others in different places. In a nutshell, if you like Toowoomba (which is where you will most likely work) and want a newer home, Highfields is it. :)

Thanks for your reply Andy. I'll have a look at your blog. I would appreciate any other opinions on the area too

Hey Adz,
Sorry for thread mining, but I can add something so will. Highfields is a great place to live, but I see at as less attractive than Toowoomba for renters due to the no high school factor.
http://www.highfieldsvillage.com.au/AnnouncementRetrieve.aspx?ID=40077

If you add that to the likely move of the Army barracks and from a landlord perspective it is losing some sparkle. There is a large area being developed to the North which (although slowing down in recent times) looks like it will join with Meringandan eventually. These are smaller blocks, the reason Highfields became so popular was the large leafy blocks (see attachment).

Attachments

• Highfields.jpg
    Highfields.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 93
Back