Investing in Moorooka, Brisbane

We are thinking of investing in Moorooka, Brisbane and just wondering peoples thoughts are about this area and potential growth?

It has great transport and a great main retail strip. It has become more monocultural in recent years and not sure if that would reduce or increase tenant supply.

It has become more monocultural in recent years and not sure if that would reduce or increase tenant supply.

What do you mean by monocultural? I saw 2 last time I was there ;)
Off topic but there is a good Ethiopian restaurant there.

Lets put it this way...ff you bought in Marrickville...then you would also buy in Mooroka

I would have purchased houses if I could afford them ;)

Your comments are completely fair though. Wind the clock forward and increase the population and apartments will do quite well there. I just see greater value in big wads of land in Moorooka over the next 5-10 years. Re-assess then.

That said, I'm sure your 1 bed (+ LUG for just over a quarter mil a year ago from memory) will do very well in the ensuing 5-10 :)

Actually it is 2 brm in Moorooka bought lasy year for 265k odd....I just found out the valuer said is is actual a 90 sqm unit instead of 75sqm I was assuming. And....get this the garage is a massive 40 sqm! The bloody tenant keeps his small boat in it!

The one you are referring to is in Annerley...it is considered a 1 + study with car space and courtyard. However, the study has a window and is as a large as bedroom. Just stating what it says on the contract...it is a tiny 57 sqm.

I would have purchased houses if I could afford them ;)

Your comments are completely fair though. Wind the clock forward and increase the population and apartments will do quite well there. I just see greater value in big wads of land in Moorooka over the next 5-10 years. Re-assess then.

That said, I'm sure your 1 bed (+ LUG for just over a quarter mil a year ago from memory) will do very well in the ensuing 5-10 :)

Great suburb. I would be looking for a house with good land content. Something you can add value to , most likely cosmetic reno. Key will be to get it at a good price as prices have been rising in the area for awhile.

Great suburb. I would be looking for a house with good land content. Something you can add value to , most likely cosmetic reno. Key will be to get it at a good price as prices have been rising in the area for awhile.

Great suburb with easy access to transport and shops.
Easy access to the city or if you a heading out to the switch its and easy run.
Prices have moved over the 6 month period but some good buys still show up.

Purchased a LMR site here late last year with a decent house on the site for just over 500k. The owner just wanted it sold and didn't even advertise. He could have achieved a higher price.....but I'm happy.

Purchased a LMR site here late last year with a decent house on the site for just over 500k. The owner just wanted it sold and didn't even advertise. He could have achieved a higher price.....but I'm happy.

Abso-freakin-loutely beautiful buy!!:D

Any plans for that beauty yet?

Cheers

Actually it is 2 brm in Moorooka bought lasy year for 265k odd....I just found out the valuer said is is actual a 90 sqm unit instead of 75sqm I was assuming. And....get this the garage is a massive 40 sqm! The bloody tenant keeps his small boat in it!

The one you are referring to is in Annerley...it is considered a 1 + study with car space and courtyard. However, the study has a window and is as a large as bedroom. Just stating what it says on the contract...it is a tiny 57 sqm.

Score. Think they'll both do quite well. I must have crossed my wires a bit there.. that Moorooka deal is a pearler.

Hi Sashi,

May I know any street to avoid? or which street is your property located?

Thanks,

East (?) of Ipswich Road is better - uphill from the railway station. Clifton Hill (Annerley border) is posher. Of course those lovely old houses on the ridge got battered in the apocalyptic hail storm.

Back