Votes: 52 55.9%
  • The world is my oyster.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Haven't even started yet.

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My first POLL.. (Can't say that anymore):D

Do you invest outside your comfort zone?

I've never invested more the 100Km from my PPOR

All interstate. Guess they were 'overseas' properties when I was working outside the country. I've never bought in the same city as I lived, except for the PPOR (haven't even settled on that yet).
Alex

I said the "world is my oyster".

But I cheated.

I did but a property in the UK in 1988.

But I was living there at the time.

The furthrest I've bought from where I was then living is a Brisbane purchase when I was living in Canberra.

I bough that for all the wrong reasons- and the cap gain when I sold was not nearly as good as if I had bought elsewhere.

We have four in Perth and 2 in Cairns.

Don't think we'll be looking OS till we have exhausted opportunities in Aus.

Flurry hell.........will this ever end??:rolleyes::D:D

We have 3 IPs, in two different states (WA & QLD), although all of them were bought when we lived nearby - we keep moving away from them!! We now live in the "sticks", so will most likely have to buy interstate, but I think I will tend to look in areas/towns I know...

We have property spread Australia wide.....its part of our portfolio diversification, risk management and tax minimisation philosophy.

Have all but one of my properties in Melbourne. The other on the Gold Coast. I have diversified my holdings through different property types and locations.

Will concentrate future purchases in Melbourne as they will be predominantly for either redevelopment, renovation and ultimately a PPOR.

We purchased our first Ip in June 2006 and now have 3 , looking for more.

We have an IP in Brisbane .Main Roads purchased the other one for the Ipswich Motor wayin oct 2007
. We also have 1 in a country town and relocating another one to the same town. Looking at another one in the same town , Looks like this town could boom with in 3 years.

Question . How does one purchase an overseas property?

Great forum
cheers
Geoff

Back