Investment financial structue.

Hi all
I currently have an and simplicity plus home loan that has been made interest only as the home is now an investment property with approx $110,000 in equity. I have another investment loan of $35,000 and 2 credit cards totalling $20,000 in debt. I want to buy and duplicate IP's moving forward . What I'm not sure about is how I can structure this the most effective way. Should a line of credit be sought from the equity to use as my IP deposit ? Is this the best way to not cross secure? And how should my other debts be incorporated? Please help

Set up a second loan for $110k.

That loan will be used as the deposit/costs on your next IP(s)

The loan can either be a LOC or a standard variable interest only loan with redraw (the latter is usually slightly cheaper).

Cheers

Jamie

The equity is an approximate figure from our bank. What would you suggest I do with the other debts? Use the new $110,000 loan to pay off those debts?

Generally speaking it's good to get rid of debts, especially CC if it's a super high interest rate.

If it works with your plans, I'd suggest splitting off $20k out of your equity and paying it off over a short loan term. It's usually a bad idea to spread out that kind of debt over 30 years.

Chat to your broker to figure out the best way forward taking your whole financial situation into consideration.

Back