Investment in Alkimos WA

Hi All,

How does a house and land package investment in Alkimos WA stack up in terms capital growth and rental prospects ?

Land : $200K (375 Sqm)
Construction: S180K

Total cost: $400K

Property will be built by October next year.

Would it be a good investment option ? Any comment will be appreciated.

Information about Alkimos as told by the H&L selling agents :

Alkimos- 42km away from Perth CBD. 20mins from Joondalup. Planned train line & freeway extension to Alkimos over the next few years. Perth's north-west corridor is expected to grow substantially over the next 25-30 years generating an estimated 40% of new land for the entire Perth Metro area. Alkimos is one of the largest and most significant coastal developments within this corridor. LandCorp and the Department of Transport have identified Alkimos as a possible location for a major Hillarys'-sized marina.

20 mins to joondalup means 50 mins to the city on a sunday morning or train. or 1.5 hours in peak traffic. even tenants on cheap rent might baulk.

If your currently in Maylands. thats gonna be a killer if you work in the city. or have anything to do south of the river.

I love how our city will be 120kms north to south soon.

it'd be a no for me.

Last edited:
For that money, and for whatever reason you're considering south yanchep, I'd have a close look at building in Catalina instead. Ocean Keys is already a great shopping/food area which is currently being massively expanded. Clarkson train station is already up and running, and is only 35 min to the city.
You could also consider buying established in Clarkson or Merriwa for a cheaper entry and a bigger block.

Or, I really like the Pearsall blocks being released by 4land.

Im a finance guy not a property expert but if it was me.......and without knowing the numbers this would be worth a look imho.

Pearsal is the next suburb from me and is very close to being "built out" and the infrastructure is in place or soon will be and it is a great place to live plus a lot closer to the CBD than Alkimos and less than 15 minutes to the beach.

In saying that Alkimos may turn out to be a great beach side "far north" suburb.

Lifestyle choice: probably
Investment: Just ask your self whos going to rent all the wayout there and at what price? Whats the supply going to be like in relation to demand. And why will people wantto rent out there with little infrastructure in place yet.

I can see alot better value in other established places especially for a 375sqm package for 400k.

The only exception is if your buying now close to the beach because you want to retire there in20-30yrs and believe it will be the next hillarys. But things and plans change.

Cheers

I can see alot better value in other established places especially for a 375sqm package for 400k.

The only exception is if your buying now close to the beach because you want to retire there in20-30yrs and believe it will be the next hillarys. But things and plans change.

Well said. For 400k, there are lots of options to invest in Perth.

For that money, and for whatever reason you're considering south yanchep, I'd have a close look at building in Catalina instead. Ocean Keys is already a great shopping/food area which is currently being massively expanded. Clarkson train station is already up and running, and is only 35 min to the city.
You could also consider buying established in Clarkson or Merriwa for a cheaper entry and a bigger block.

Thanks Jake. After having gone through your and other forum members' comments, it does seem like investing in coastal areas close to the city like Butler / Clarson probably would be a better bet.

Back